ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Senator power question

Ok, my friend has just bought a nice example of a vauxhall senator 3.0 24v (he is 40 by the way) and the exhaust keeps blowing and were sick of trying cheap repairs.

I told him he may as well get a powerflow exhaust system as a genuine vauxhall one would not be much cheaper as they arent readily available, and his exhaust system really is rusted and holy.

My question is with a car of this power, sinces hes got a much better exhaust system (2 cats removed and better gas flow) would it be worth following this up with a panel filter and chip to get an overall power increase or would it not be worth the money?

Its pretty fast now when it gets going and hes said well ive done the full exhaust so I might as well chip it, would it be worth it and what gains will be had?

cheers!

Remapped derv Golf

On an old car like that they might have to make up a few parts from scratch. Im not sure though.

Powerflow did one on a mk1 Cavalier (1979) for my uncle once and they had to make the casting to make the manifold.

Senator not as old though. Best try migweb

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

You may need to register for the search facility. It should be across the top of the page.