ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensor issue?

2001 172
Hi folks

Been having some problems the last few weeks with the car occasionally feeling like it's holding back.. some nights it also loses power for a short while until you downchange, this seems to be only when the car is cold though.

Lately the revs have began to bounce between 0 and 1000 when i dip the clutch sometimes causing to stall other times it will ping back up just at stall point, this is also intermittent as it was bad last night yet fine this morning. The car starts without any problems and the on the idle the rev counter sits nice and steady at about the 750 mark.

any problems seem to be much worse in the wet, i do get an occasional EML lights (usually when the weather is damp) this will stay on for a day or two then go back off

Hoping for some advice so i can get the correct parts changed as i've been on many a wild goose chase with sensors before

can anyone relate to these symptoms and advise

Jim