ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sericing on Cup!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was quoted 3 different prices from 3 different dealerships for my 12,000 mile service.
According to Renault, my service consists of an Oil change, oil filter, air filter , some other little bits - £250-£300. I was also told I needed to get my air conditioning done too - which is a slight worry since its a Cup. I was told I was wrong and that I did have A/C. Yeah right. Thanks for that. LOL.

I have had it serviced elsewhere purely because -

A. Im not paying that kind of money for £50 worth of work
B. Warranties arent worth the paper theyre written on
C. What I saved on servicing - £140, I can get my wheels refurbed. ;)

Ive phoned the AA and Renault head office about this servicing and neither can do anything at all. I got it serviced by a friend who works at the AA service centre in the end. They did a great job - and im now running Mobil 1 OW40 which makes my engine sound that little bit smoother.

yes it does null void and not worth the paper its written on now lol it needs to be done by a vat registerd garage using genuine renault parts iiirc

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Im 20 right on my 5th car. On three out of my 5 cars I have owned I have needed to make claims. Now Ive had a Volkswagon, Fiat, Seat and now Renualt and all the dealerships are the same. Ive had minor things go, major things go. It was just a joke. I invalidated it the day I bought it! LOL. After talking with Renault customer service any after market modification invalidates your warranty. FUrthermore....

According to Renault this is how your warranty works. Quite amusing really.

Your warranty on a new Reanult is for 3 years or "xx,000" miles (cant remember how many). The first year is provided by the manufacturer, whilst the second year is covered by the "Renault Dealer Network".

Now, EU legislation states that owners of new cars are not forced to get their car serviced at main dealers anymore. You can get it serviced where you like aslong as it is a reputable firm and they stamp your service book in accordance with the mileage boundaries, 12,000, 20,000 etc.

Ok, so in your first year this is fine. You can get it serviced @ another garage and Renault and your warranty are fine. Hurrah! The problem emerges if there is something that happens in years 2 or 3. If you had it serviced at another garage, your warranty is invalidated with the Renault Dealer Network. Even though Renault said it was ok! If you had it serviced with them, then it is fine.

It seems that the arrival of the new EU legislation has not stopped dealers ripping off customers.

I know this is probably going to cause a bit of a disagreement, but if you dont beleive me phone Renault customer services. And youll find out like I did.

actually moifications tend to not invalidate the waranty unless the modification is directly linked to be the cause so if you have exhaust and the box dies you still get it fixed or thats how it seems to work

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 11 July 2003

£250-£300 is ridiculous, between £150 and £200 depending where you live is more like it.
Oh I agree entirely Mike. I was quoted the following:

Whitehouse Renault in Tonbridge - £240 approx.
Whitehouse Renault in Tunbridge Wells - £280 approx.
Davis Renault in Sevenoaks - £246 approx.

The price is approx because there is no fixed priced servicing for the 172 or Cup 172 according to the dealer network. The chart on the wall in the service centre that says "Mk2-Mk3 Clio - £150" is utter b****cks. It applies to any Clio "up to 2.0 and not including". Basically allowing dealers to charge what they like.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 11 July 2003

actually moifications tend to not invalidate the waranty unless the modification is directly linked to be the cause so if you have exhaust and the box dies you still get it fixed or thats how it seems to work
In my warranty agreement it has a line that says any modifications to the car in anway void this agreement. :cry: I guess you could always take it off before making a claim but when you go for a service and they see it, it might be an issue!

And Renault are talking crap, its against EU anti competitive law. Whoever you spoke to has been misinformed, like you said, you are obliged to get work done by a competent person and use genuine Renault parts.

pugboy

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I know. It totally sucks. Basically they are in the clear cos they have changed the way their warranty works.

To you, I and the every day Renault owner you have a 3 year warranty. But with the split between responsibility Renault have got away with it. The car itself in the first year confirms to EU law. You can get it serviced anywhere you like using geniune parts.

At the end of year 1, the car is basically dis-owned by Renault and the franchised dealer takes the car on and it is their clause - not Renaults.

As dealerships are not governed by an Oftel/Ofgas style organisation all you can do is complain - which ive done. And got absolutely no where. Renault dont want to know because as they state "We do not govern or have any control over dealerships". :mad: It is a very sad state of affairs.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 11 July 2003

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 11 July 2003

£250-£300 is ridiculous, between £150 and £200 depending where you live is more like it.
Oh I agree entirely Mike. I was quoted the following:

Whitehouse Renault in Tonbridge - £240 approx.
Whitehouse Renault in Tunbridge Wells - £280 approx.
Davis Renault in Sevenoaks - £246 approx.

The price is approx because there is no fixed priced servicing for the 172 or Cup 172 according to the dealer network. The chart on the wall in the service centre that says "Mk2-Mk3 Clio - £150" is utter b****cks. It applies to any Clio "up to 2.0 and not including". Basically allowing dealers to charge what they like.
I think mine was £159, although I do live in one of the cheaper more scummy parts of the country.

BTW I think the warranty thing depends entirely on your relationship with the dealer. If you are good mates / regular customer you may find that you can get away with murder (I do).

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I have a friend who works at Renault - maybe I can collar him and find me a Renault stamp (y)

Annoyingly my relationship is excellent with them - I helped them sell a Clio Cup to my friend George. Damn they owe me.

Whitehouse are so incompetant its untrue !

They have had my cup for 3 weeks now after fitting a gearbox so badly it has caused other issues that they are struggling to fix.

Any offers of compensation yet ? You must be joking ! They think I am fortunate to have a nice 1.2 Clio as a courtesy car..

Still it may be in the Focus in the next couple of weeks ....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

It sucks. Its such a rip off. I paid £112 at the AA for the service. Mobile 1 oil, oil filter and a replacement air filter and quick check over. Sorted.