ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serious Problem? Speedo Glitching and goes to 0

Right, I bought my car a few weeks ago and since getting it on the road the other day, every now and then the speedo goes to naught (0), the mileage freezes and then randomly comes back onto the speed again and adds the miles on that I've done, but this could be dangerous on the main roads, usually turning the car off and turning it back on again sorts it out but 1. i cant always stop to do it and 2. this method is starting not to work either and it still doesn't show my speed for a mile or so. Is this fixable at home?, Is it the whole ECU just broken? and can it be fixed?

If someone could get back to me that would be great, its still under the garages short warranty so i could be saved. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

P.S, i dont turn it of and on again when im driving along lol :p

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
It could be the Speedo sensor off the gearbox.

That caused my Speedo to drop back to 0 but it didn't add the miles driven back on tho.

Easy fix just pull out and push one back in. Just make sure you keep the heat shield in place for the exhaust.

Just thought id add the verdict, the garage put a new sensor on the gearbox for me on for me under the warranty and all is fixed, couldn't be bothered to do it myself when i had a bit of warranty left. Thanks for the help guys!