ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv ABS and ESP lights

Hi all. Started my 172 up this morning and noticed the Serv, ESP and ABS lights on. Have tried a search here, but nothing conclusive. Anyone able to shed some light as to what the possible cause could be?

Its 7 months old with approx 4.5K on the clock.

TIA.

Burgandy 174 sport t

check the wiring under the seat, get reno to look at it!! something to do with the seat belt tensioner i think

On the ESP/ABS side of things? Id have thought the tensioner would have given the airbag warning light? *shrugs*

Renault it will be, and glad Ive got a good dealer to take it to, but am always after opinions from this site. You guysngals know your stuff.

I just purchased a 2001 "Y" 172 for my wife, and have just posted a similar topic. After about two weeks the SERV & Airbag lights on the dash light up after starting up.

How did you cure your problem. Is it a visit to the dealer?

Ive got the exact same problem. Been to dealer today who says that they had the same prob with one a couple of weeks back and after keeping the guys car in for a week they couldnt get the fault to reoccur and so couldnt do anything about it.

D

Dynamic Devil

Play with the wires underneith the passenger seat. That will turn off the SERV airbag light.

The Airbag & ESP light warnings are very separate issues.

The Airbag light is usually the wiring under the seat.

My wifes got a 53reg 172 at the stealers right now for the ESP warning light problem. they have changed the brake pads, abs sensors. Still cant find out what the problem is. Im fighting them right now for a new car as they want to rip out the ABS computer.

Im concerned that ive never felt the ABS work or ESP cut in. Ive got a BMW 325 coupe aswell and when i hoon around in it i definitely notice the ESP & ABS work.

After nearly 3 weeks of calls between Renault UK & the dealer we have finally been given the option of a new car.

Still not quite sure what they think the problem is but we wouldnt have the car back without it being under written by Renault UK as being safe to drive. This they would not do as they didnt know why we sometimes had the ESP & SERV lights come.

Strange?

We now have to go in & order our replacement but it will be a 182!!!