ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV + Air bag light- Tried the wiggle wiggle

Arctic 182
Yet another set of warning lights have come up to add to my already traumatising ownership of the 182.

SERV + an air bag light has come up, have searched on here and a wiggling of the wires under the seats seems to solve most peoples lights.

However after wiggling every wire i could find, pushing bits together etc i still cant get the f**** lights to go out. Im OCD so need these lights off.

Might want to add that halfway through my journey this morning the lights went out, wahooo i screamed! Then the SERV light came back on with what appears to be a differet airbag light with a little 'off' on it. This then went back out to be replaced with the origional one, great.

Anyone know of another problem this may be?

Thanks

Nissan 350z
After exiting a roundabout quicker than i probably should have i hit a rough road surface at speed and then intermittently for the rest of the journey i too would get the SERV + Airbag lights on my dash. At the end i stopped up and taped the airbag cable/connector under my drivers seat up against the seat itself and havent seen the warning lights since.

Dont just wiggle, secure them as well it worked for me. And remember to check both the drivers side and passenger underseat connectors.

tiTTy & SV650
The wires on the front of my passenger seat do this above the CD changer. If you move the seat back or forward it'll happen, minor inconvenience.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
The fault your talking about is the seatbelt pre-tensioner wiring loom. These have a tendancy to become loose ( constant reclining / moving backwards and forwards of the seat to allow passengers in the rear of the car ) you should really check all connections and re-solder any loose wires.

Also - if you've hit a bump it may of triggered the seatbelt pretensioner off. This is a safety mechanism built into the holster ( bit the seatbelt clicks into ) when the accident sensors detect a knock, they will fire off whichever safety device the computer deems nescessary in order to prevent injury to the passenger.

Check the level of the seatbelt Holsters - if one is lower than the other it will need replacing and a new airbag computer will need fitting. They may have both fired off. A "clip" diagnostic computer will be able to tell you the exact fault.

Mate I sorted mine the other day. The fault seems to come from the passenger seat. I bent my wires up and put a tire rap around the connector. This has fixed it once and for all!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
When mine started playing up it was the connector on the steering wheel column. The top just pulls off and you can see the connection. It came loose when I was trying to pick something that fell down the gap out.

Arctic 182
Thanks for the help guys, think i've managed to sort the problem.

Twas the 'poppers' holding the wires on the underside of the drivers side, had come out, put them back and all seems gravy (touches wood)