ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV and Airbag light on a Cup ?!?!

172DD Cup
i thought only fatties had this problem due to the airbags in the seats, but i've obviously got the poverty spec

...?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Needs plugging in to say for sure i'm afraid. Could be Clockring, Crash Sensors, Pre-Tensioners or a bad connector somewhere.

Mick

172DD Cup
it sometimes flickers off and on again so bad connection somewhere. is it still worth looking under the seat even though it's a cup or would it be one of the bags on the dash? interesting that you said pretensioners can affect this.

I'd check under the seat. My old non sport had cloth seats similar to a cup and no airbags, and I had problems with the light and it was the connectors under the seat.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The connectors under the seat are indeed problematic so always a good place to start but they're not always the cause... I do more lateral crash sensors on Clio II's if i'm honest than I do the connectors under the seats (3 last week).

Mick

Pathfinder n 172cup
If its a cup like mine it does not have airbags in the seats check the grey plug under both seats its for the pretensioners if this faulty it will put airbag light on u could do the resistor trick to cure this hope this helps