ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

serv & esp light

aero
can anyone help me with this 2003 172 my serv & esp light come on after a few mins of driving then stay on been doing it sinse last wednesday

hooked the car up no fault codes stored nuffin at all

only thing ive done lately is fitted my momo steering wheel kit a few weeks ago & afaik i didnt break nowt

this is driving me nuts need to sort it before i get that fed up with it that i loose all intrest in it & leave it down my feild next to the cossie :lolup: that'll learn it

DMS

A thirsty 172
There's a switch beneath the brake pedal which has something to do with the ABS.
It's a common fault. It can get stuck or break. I think most people just swap them out, but you might be able to lube it up first and see if that helps?
Never had it happen on mine though, so can't give much more info. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who has had it who can help further.

aero
^^^

if it was abs prob i wood have thought it wood give a fault code

arah cheers for the link i'll check that out tomorrow

aero
oooooooookkkkkkk update on this seems to be steering wheel related start the car no serv/esp light wiggle the wheel & there on

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
I had exactly the same problem with mine - esp and service light were on after fitting a new steering wheel.

I ended up taking it to Rentech and it needed a new Steering Angle Switch / sensor which they fitted, hasn't come on since then either!