ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV & ESP Light

Nimbus Megane R26
brakepedal fault i believe..i had it and asked birchdown to adjust the switch and it never came back. theres a guide on here have a search for it..nothing to worry about though its a very common fault. (ESP&SERV light is usually that, best to look for the guide, give it a week and see if it goes away)

there you go, try that before spending money:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=307978

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
I have this problem and did the 'brake pedal switch' fix and it didnt solve my problem.

May not be the switch, mine is as yet unresolved.

Fabia vrs tdi
Mines was the connectors to the drivers side rear light clusters, gave them all a clean and problem sorted.

I should say that my fog light came on at times when breaking and indicating, and the only time my serv and ESP light came in was everytime I put car in reverse :-/

the problem for me was the rear light connectors tho.

MG Midget/182
Had this just last week, caused by screwed steering rack bushes trigering the steering angle sensor. Could be that.

Artic Blue 182 FF
I had this come up last night plugged it into the old computer and came up with the steering position sensor. So whether its the actual sensor at fault or its the steering bushes a weekend of fiddling will sus it out im sure. The lights however have now gone out. any idea on prices of steering bushes?? might just replace them anyway.

Cheers

MG Midget/182
Two different types of rack, the more expensive one is about £40 quid and the cheaper is half that. Unfortunately Renault cant tell from the Chasis number which is fitted, so its crawl under the car time.

Artic Blue 182 FF
Classic Renault cant tell what they actually fitted the car that they built with.. Good times.