ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV LIGHT AND TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT

clio 172 black
Hello

Done a quick search on this one...

lots of things there.. but nothing i could really see for exactly this problem

Has any one had the problem when they been driving for a few mins and ""SERV" and "TRACTION CONTROL" lights come on permanently?

If youve had this problem, what was the fix?

This is so random! Because it only happened tonight...Turn off ignition and it goes away!

So odd!

Could it be tyres?
Fuse?
Brake sensor switch?
Brake pads low?

My cars only done 25k!

03 plate clio 172 FF.

Anything u can post to help will be mint!

Thanks!

What about serv+abs only comes on when my cars gotten really warm (not harsh braking but hard every thing else) cools down and dont come back on till hot

ph 2 172
I had the same problem but in my case the lights came on when I got to the highway. I solved the problem by hooking the computers car to a terminal and erasing all the errors.

hi there my service light and toxic fume warning light came on,
all you have to do is move the passenger seat back and forth,
the clios have rubbish wiring under the seat...
hope that sorts the prob.;)

Da

Less
the toxic fume warning light has nothing to do with the wiring under the seat. All that's under there is the airbag/pretensioner wiring. The toxic fume light indicates the Lamba sensor/Oxygen sensor is faulty.

well it worked for me and everyone else thats tried it!
i went to a garage when mine came on and a lovely lad who worked there said his birds lights came on in her clio and she just moved the passenger seat, so i tried it and they went off!

all i can say is try it its not costing anything.

when i spoke to renault they said that light most probably indicates a cat prob.

Da

Less
I wasn't doubting that it worked, did you have the ignition switched off? ;) I merely meant that there is no wiring for the toxic fume sensor under the passenger seat :)

182 has now gone!
I had this with mine... went to Renault 6 times for them to tell me it was caused by my driving!!!!! pratts....yeah stuck in traffic not movin is my driving making the lights come one :nono: