ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV light but nowt else

as above, this is what I have on my instrument panel on my dials just the SERV light that usually goes out after a few secs when the engine is started, theres no other lights on on the instrument panel tho, does this just mean my car needs a service or is it something else??

no, oil level is fine, already checked that, the only light that is on is the SERV light, the cars engine was running, all other lights went out as they should when I started the car e.g. abs, airbag, electric power steering, engine management light etc. only 1 that stayed on was the SERV light

I just assumed the SERV light itself was the light telling you the car needed a service.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thats exactly what it means. the car is due for a service.

The clue is in the word ;)

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
it means that there is an electrical fault on your car, you will have to get the fault codes read out on a laptop.

so mk2 Clios dont have a light/indicator telling you the car is due a service then??

pfft I thought a service engine soon light was standard on every car made by every manufacturer from about 2002 onwards.

anyway, the lights gone out now.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Nope . The light means get your arse down to the local Renault dealership , drop your pants and assume the postion while you right the cheque , lol .

Might sound a bit daft but are your auto headlights and wipers working?
The service light comes on alone if there is no signal from the sensor in the windscreen.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
good suggestion. had this fault on a laguna which was the light/rain sensor. Never had it on a clio but there is always a first time.

Clio sport 1.2 16v
I have the same problem since I bought the car in 2001. Renault, nor any other Garage can't fix it. It's the seatbelt pre-tensioner wires just under your seat. Even resetting it all doesnt fix it.

Disconnect the battery and unplug the airbag and pretensioners connector. If I have ever had a problem with these wires I always seem to get the airbag light on aswell. Seems strange