ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv Light-Oil Flashing on screen.

Today the service light came on, with OIL flashing on the dash/screen.
Although if my oil was low wouldn't the oil light come on?
Could this be something as silly as a dirty sensor or maybe a sensor that needs replacing?

Thanks

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Check your dip stick first. NEVER listen to what the display says when it comes to oil. Unless you want to funk your engine up

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The oil light comes on after the oil level has dropped below minimum mate. If the oil light comes on, you are risking serious damage to the engine.

Just been outside and took the dipstick out cleaned it bone dry and popped it back in, after taking it out it appears it bone dry :/. There's no oil Puddles on the ground so there's no leaks what so ever. Is halfords open on bank holidays?

Cheers buddy, just took the oil cap off and it's wet with oil, so the top end is being lubed. Not sure weather to drive it or not though. It's also on a bit of a hill the cars facing down, do I don't know if that will make a difference to the dip stick

172 Cup
it's fine now 150ml of oil later, now i've just come home to a big puddle of the stuff on the f**king back seats f**k f**k f**k!

What's the reading on the dipstick? It should take more than 150ml of oil to go from Min to Max on the dipstick, never mind 'bone dry' to Max!

I was on a hill though which Is probably the reason.

I put some oil in it, parked it on a flat surface and went into town for an hour.

Came back and had a look again and it's in between min & max.

I think it just needed a spalsh tbh

CLIO 182
Are the 182's known to breath heavy or use oil? After I fitted a crank breaker (bypassing the oil to inlet return) noticing my oil level has dropped slightly! Took the top inlet of and there's an oil build up coming from a pin whole that's goes to a round orange seal I believe these are blanked on the 182 and not on the 172 to clarify where I'm talking about.
Cheers