ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serves you right

There really are some self reightous pricks on here. I would happily bet my left testicle that those 1st to jump down peoples throats are guilty of speeding at one point or another. Do i speed ? yes, do i do it to a degree i feel appropriate due to the road, traffic, time of day and road conditions ? yes. Also i have on numerous occaisons travelled below the legal limit due to what i felt were either poor visibility or levels of grip when those who may bang on about speeding would still be travelling bang on the limit. Now you tell me who is a safer driver ??? i have a brain between my ears and im capable of judging the conditions and selecting a speed appropriate.

What makes me laugh is all these people saying you shouldnt speed, well why the fook did you buy a cliosport or valver???

Yeah officer, i just like to accelerate really fast upto the speed limit :sick: what a load of tosh

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 06 February 2005

its not right to speed full stop

the limits are there for a reason, the govt believe that they aer the safe speeds for that particular road, therefore, by speeding you are creating more risk

i no longer speed on any roads, its just not worth it

and re: catching real criminals, you speed you break the law, thats a crime, you are a criminal, they have done their job, sorry to moan about it, just all i hear is motorists arguing that the police target them too much

there are laws, stick to them if you dont want to get into trouble
Im not sure about this. Local school was recently a 40 zone. Now its a 30. Why? Why has it taken so long for them to change the limit. In newbury there is a road that is a 40. As soon as you exit the roundabout its a 30. Nothing changes, no school or houses. Which side of the roundabout do you think the Police wait?

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 06 February 2005

red Clio 52, despite my years of experience on internet forums telling me youre looking for responses, I shall respond regradless.

Have you NEVER....EVER....broken a speed limit? ANYWHERE...EVER? If you havent then you dont drive, and if you have, then your argument here is moot.
Roy, read my earlier posts on the subject and I do also have many years of experience on the internet and many more of driving.

(I can also recognise a spammer)

I think what alot of you seem to forget is that speeding is simply against the law.... and just because you speed it doesnt automatically make you an unsafe driver or a criminal. How many of you "non speeders" have ever had a a parking ticket? Doesnt that make you criminals to then?

Speeding only becomes unacceptable when you endanger your own or other peoples safety. I personally speed and if im totally honest i would say i speed every time i get into my car. I dont do it intentionally just to be a badboy or a show off ... I simply drive at a speed relevant to the road im on, the conditions of the road at the time and the amount of traffic around me. Its called common sense, which imo makes me more responsible than alot of the "law abiding" drivers on the roads.

As for the original question on this thread. I have to say that if you do get caught speeding and feel hard done by... dispute it through the courts. Its blatently obvious that people will take it the wrongway on car forums, and if you dont realise that then you should be given another 3 points lol ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Red Clio 52 on 06 February 2005

What must be appreciated is that the government are the ones that make the laws and Bryan is totally right in what he says.

I would remind Simon that he is being discourteous to other forum members when he takes the attitude that he is taking.:( (and that I believe is against forum rules and offends common courtesy)

No he is not really, he is wrong in what he states (and calling my statement TOSS is not very friendly either is it?) and you should both read this...

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/conspiracy.htmlhttp://www.safespeed.org.uk/conspiracy.html

Simon

tiTTy & SV650

You know the one thing which gets right on my tits?! Folk who sit at 40 on a 60 and then carry on at 40 when it becomes a 30zone grrrrr infuriating!!!

Everyone breaks the speed limit, I dont believe for a minute anyone sticks to them 100% of the time.

lol, prime example of the stupidity of the masses. I drive up and down the M5 on a fairly regular basis and there are some 50mph sections due to roadworks. Now in fairness most of the times im on it there is no actual work going on, however i always stick to the 50 limit for 2 reasons. 1 the police are very hot on enforcing these limits due to the safety of the workmen 2 because i understand that if there are workmen present that its not accepible to pass them at 70/80 mph. BUT i notice that those stuck bang on 70 on the stretches that arent limited to 5o still stay at 70 in the parts that are :confused: f**king idiots.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 06 February 2005

lol, prime example of the stupidity of the masses. I drive up and down the M5 on a fairly regular basis and there are some 50mph sections due to roadworks. Now in fairness most of the times im on it there is no actual work going on, however i always stick to the 50 limit for 2 reasons. 1 the police are very hot on enforcing these limits due to the safety of the workmen 2 because i understand that if there are workmen present that its not accepible to pass them at 70/80 mph. BUT i notice that those stuck bang on 70 on the stretches that arent limited to 5o still stay at 70 in the parts that are :confused: f**king idiots.
Totally agree, think of the workmen! (in a non village people kind of way) They quite often have temporary gatsos at sections with roadworks too. Plus slowing down to 50 means you get to accelerate back to 70ish after the works!

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 06 February 2005

You know the one thing which gets right on my tits?! Folk who sit at 40 on a 60 and then carry on at 40 when it becomes a 30zone grrrrr infuriating!!!

Yep I see a huge amount of those drivers around....:mad:

Simon.

megane coupe F7R

The govermant have just found an easy way to make money. Speed cameras!! If they never thought of them then this topic wouldnt even be here. The goverment started this argument. lol

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

Everyone breaks the speed limit, I dont believe for a minute anyone sticks to them 100% of the time.
i get the exact same thing! i have to travel to work at bout 6.30am and i think im the only one awake! i overtake the same cars in the same places every day. including the bmw 535i that drives at 35mph in a 60 limit and slams on his brakes everytime a car comes the other way! but if im a bit late i see the bmw a bit further down the road where it drops to a 30 to go thru a village and he continues at 35mph setting off the slow down signs as he goes!

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 06 February 2005

i get the exact same thing! i have to travel to work at bout 6.30am and i think im the only one awake! i overtake the same cars in the same places every day. including the bmw 535i that drives at 35mph in a 60 limit and slams on his brakes everytime a car comes the other way! but if im a bit late i see the bmw a bit further down the road where it drops to a 30 to go thru a village and he continues at 35mph setting off the slow down signs as he goes!
Problem with most BMW drivers is they dont realise their buying rwd and they scare themselves silly when they first drive round a wet roundabout probably!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

i wasnt getting at bmws, but now you mention it, bmws are either driven down the mway at silly speeds and tailgating, or holding everyone up on a roads, and dont even get me started on x5 drivers!;)

tiTTy & SV650

its not just BMWs its those who can afford a big plush car like that but have no idea how to drive. Such a waste! I remember following a women in a 350z talk about undue progress

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

its not just BMWs its those who can afford a big plush car like that but have no idea how to drive. Such a waste! I remember following a women in a 350z talk about undue progress
i dont think its a big plush car thing exclusively, its more of an attiitude thing. its just these people are more inclined to buy large vehicles!

and then AIM them down the road, whereas the rest of us prefer to DRIVE!

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 06 February 2005red Clio 52, despite my years of experience on internet forums telling me youre looking for responses, I shall respond regradless.

Have you NEVER....EVER....broken a speed limit? ANYWHERE...EVER? If you havent then you dont drive, and if you have, then your argument here is moot.[/QUOTE]Roy, read my earlier posts on the subject and I do also have many years of experience on the internet and many more of driving.(I can also recognise a spammer)

No, just answer the question here and now. Have you NEVER broken a speed limit? If you have, then that one time might have been the time you got caught. Dont you see?

As I said in my previous post "IF I had broken the speed limit, I would not post about it on the forum"

I can say that in over 30 years of driving I have managed to get 3 points on my license and that was not for speeding. The points are now lapsed.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 06 February 2005

i dont think its a big plush car thing exclusively, its more of an attiitude thing. its just these people are more inclined to buy large vehicles!

and then AIM them down the road, whereas the rest of us prefer to DRIVE!
if only they did aim them down the road properly in a RWD point and shoot style!

So many folk crash and say oh i must have hit oil - aye right! You were going round a bend too fast for the road conditions, just admit it!!!

Oh and people who dont use their gears, gimme strength! lol I got a 300 mile drive to do now, wish me luck!

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER

i know of an idiot who bought a ferrari 355, one week later he came off a roundabout and took out 4 lamposts! he claimed he was travelling at 20mph and hit a patch of diesel! draw you own conclusions;)

After looking at the http://www.safecam.org.ukwww.safecam.org.uk website which shows the trends of accidents (occuring over a five year period between 1996-2001) with the contributary factors of excess speed.misjudge speed and excess speed. The graphs provided make interesting viewing. Im not going to put my own "spin" in interperating the graphs heaven forbid that i should colour some ones view. But i have drawn my own conclussions from the data and will continue to drive in what i perceive to be a safe manner. Im not a great driver but believe that as we where given the gift of common sense we should excercise it once in a while.

Red Clio, so you have NEVER ever broken a speed limit? Youve never been 1mph above the limit in any situation ever? Never done 21, 31, 41, 61 or 71?

LOL Joker :p

Red Clio, so you have NEVER ever broken a speed limit? Youve never been 1mph above the limit in any situation ever? Never done 21, 31, 41, 61 or 71?

LOL Joker :p
Roy,

In my previous post I said "I would not talk about it on a forum"

LOL Spammer:):cry:

So youve done it, and will judge others, but wotn admit to it here?? Am I missing something here?
I think you miss the point here Roy.

My original post here earlier today complained about people who broke the law then came on these forums whinging about getting caught for it.

I have never claimed not to have broken the speed limit, but as I have repeated to you many times...IF I had ever been caught for speeding I most certainly would not broadcast it on a forum. :oops:

I think you have spammed this one for too long. give it a rest:)

If you had read the forum fully before criticising my posts you would not have misunderstood my point of view.

I accept that you had a genuine misunderstanding, but thanks for the discussion anyway:D

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 06 February 2005

Well, I guess some of this is my fault...?

If my mugshot had been 50 in a 30, a doubt it would have sparked up much discussion... I would have points and a fine, fair and square.

Does anyone on here remember me posting this:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1107699676__SpeedingMeg.jpg

My mate got caught doing 58 in a 40 (in my megane)... There was none of this "serves you right" attitude/discussion... Why? Because its blatently obvious that he deserved it... full stop.

To then supplement his fine and points with notes through his door, saying "you deserve it, you should slow down or you might kill a child", would be unreasonable. Why should it be different on this forum?

I believe that the reason behind the fuss over the past few days is that I was only just over the limit.

All of you know that a policeman with a hand held device would not have stopped me. Why? Because what I was doing was not dangerous at the time.

A brainless camera got me, and thats why Im not happy about it.

I only read the 1st page and totally agree with you omar.

However with those pics you submitted, i would of definately contested them as you cannot Clearly identify the driver.;)

As I said in my previous post "IF I had broken the speed limit, I would not post about it on the forum"

I can say that in over 30 years of driving I have managed to get 3 points on my license and that was not for speeding. The points are now lapsed.
In 23 years of driving I have never had a speeding fine... (yet)...;)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Rob878 on 06 February 2005

with the contributary factors of excess speed.misjudge speed and excess speed.

Data from 13 Police forces for 2001 reveals the following most frequent accident contributory factors:

Inattention 25.8%
Failure to judge other persons path or speed 22.6%
Looked but did not see 19.7%
Behaviour: careless/thoughtless/reckless 18.4%
Failed to look 16.3%
Lack of judgement of own path 13.7%
Excessive speed 12.5%
Simon

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

I know a guy from Leeds on here - he speeds all the time - total lunatic.

Never admits it in public or on forums though so hes alright by me.............

you get done for speeding its your own fault imho and no point whining about it like a b**ch just be a man and take it (says the bloke with 6 points)

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 06 February 2005

no point whining about it like a b**ch

but isnt that what living in a free country means, you can wine on about anything in the hope that your voice is heard and things change?

Not saying that going on about in here will do any good, but if we all sat back and took our punishment (as you say) for unjust crimes we would still be hanged for stealing a loaf of bread....lol;):D things have to change re speed limits... ;-)

Simon.

sorry for going on, but need a thread to get me to 1,000 posts...lol;)

Clio v6

I may have 11 points but I certainly wont be broadcasting it on here. If I did, I would of course expect some unwanted feedback.

Posting on a "change the law" forum might be more useful if you need to be heard?