ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service and cambelt

mk4 golf gt-tdi
phoned reno today just for a price on a 48k service and a cambelt change,

the quoted me 896.40 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .

i dont think so mr reno.

Mondeo TDCi
they quoted me on a 36k service (with cambelt aux bvelt and tensioners)at baldocks in sussex £1200!!

taking mine to crawley down renault they are doing it for £860 :(

if you are near portsmouth i got quoted £600 from rentech!!! :D
but it was too far for me to drive...

Lionel Richie
dude people drive from manchester to go to Rentech, sussex to portsmouth isn't THAT far!!! and its not going to cost you £260 in petrol!

Mondeo TDCi
true but it means taking time off work then waiting 7hrs while it is being done, where as locally it is much more expensive but dont have to take time off and they give me a lift into work in the morning...

Mondeo TDCI 130
drive it to me, i will take you to a train, go home, jobs a good un, cost half that, you collect when finished..............

Clio MK2 172
just got a quote for the timing belt for Fri, £305+VAT.....I hate spending money. Though a RAC guy informed me that it was 4K for a new engine as he was out to recharge my Mrs Megane. Is that right?

Lionel Richie
£1250+vat new for an engine (not from Renault, but NEW)

sport 172 36k service doesn't take 7hrs!!! 2-3 at most

cambelt service takes about 5

just got a quote for the timing belt for Fri, £305+VAT.....I hate spending money. Though a RAC guy informed me that it was 4K for a new engine as he was out to recharge my Mrs Megane. Is that right?

£3.6k +Vat last time I looked or there abouts.

Mondeo TDCi
work sats and besides getting the 36k serv and cam, too much time to spend in town! will be bored stiff!! will get the next service done there when i dont need so much time consuming work done. they were the cheapest place i found and very professional most of the garages i rang gave me different answers on what needed doing!

Mondeo TDCi
mine is only that much as need cam belt doing as now 5yrs old nearly. actual service form renault was 379 i think.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
hey people let me get this right are u telling me my 182 36k service is gonna cost over 600 pounds ???

Nah, it'll be about £360 if you have the aux belt done, which is a must at 36k or 3yrs. you dont need the cambelt doing til 60k or 5yrs.

ICE'dberg MK2 172
I have a quote for a cam belt change with 5hrs labour from a local garage for..........................................................

I have been told no more than £300 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

local garage has just purchased all the jigs for locking the engine while doing the job and has said it'll be about 5hrs too!!!

Kettering.... and not Renault.

Mines done 24K and is 5years old so it'll be booked in sometime Feb.

M

mini-valver

Seriously, why do people go to renault? Go to a reputable garage and youll save a lot of money.....

M

mini-valver

See your point but if you know a garage is good then why not....

Mondeo TDCI 130
i did really kevin!! big floatie crank pulley! and i also used renault tool "LARGE SCREWDRIVER" very proffesional by the frogs!

DC5
Unfortunately it was at a special rate. An advantage of having an uncle as a sevice manager at a garage.