ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service for the cup

yet another great ren. service 24k (june 03 car)

needed another engine mount the second replacement on the car (top one) then they tried to stiff me for a new headlamp. They then tried to get me to pay 100 pounds for a new front fog which i said to leave as it was cracked and they always seem to break.

They had taken the broken one off and left a hole instead of putting the broken one back.

nice

at 24k, 5 track days and lots of tyres its starting to feel tired now.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Hmmm - mines 3 months older, 28,000 miles, 9 or 10 trackdays - still ok. I think Ive been through 5 sets of fronts.

When you say its starting to feel tired, what exactly do you mean? A car shouldnt be shagged after 24k, even if it has lead a tough life. Surely you can replace suspension bushes etc if thats the sort of thing you mean?

Just interested as i intend on getting a cup soon, and intend on doing lots of trackdays.

They have to return the car to you in the same or better condition, thats why they wash it, so if theyve removed the fog light and not replaced it with the same ie broken or better ie new one then they are in the wrong!

mine was £335. for rear brakes wipers and service.

Yeah it seems loose very "french loose" gearbox, steering rack, seats, interior, does not seem like a may 2003 car.

but seeing as i should be buying a vx220 turbo this summer.........not that bothered.

I do have a theory that no french car can really survive the 5 year age mark.

take the ren. 19 16v there was loads around in 96-99...but now.

anyway.

Clio 197

I had a Willy with over 100,000 miles on the clock that saw a lot of very hard use on the ring. It still had its original dampers!

My current Ragnotti has led a hard life from day one, 17,000km a good 2000 on the ring, Im on the third set of front tyres, just replaced the discs, 5th set of front pads. It still feels tight and has used only one litre of oil.