ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Interval for 172’s

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

My 172 is just about to come up for 1 year old, it has got just under 8000 miles on it ..

When am I to get it serviced ? was it 1 year or 12000miles ? or 18000miles or what ?

If I have to get it serviced this month its gonna be a bit of a killer cause I already have to get my Roadtax (read waste of money tax) @ 155 quid for the year.

plus a service which I beleive will cost about 150 quid.. = £300 I will see nothing for .. :(:cry:

Believe its every 12k or 2 years for 172s - whichever comes first. And I think its every 18k or 2 years for everything else (except the V6 I imagine!)

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ok over here the service intervals were every 20,000km or 2 years for cars sold before the end of June 2001 and every 15,000 or 1 year for cars sold after June 2001.

I believe in the UK that mk1 172s are serviced every 20,000km or 2 years and for mk2 172s its every 15000km or 1 year

I currently have over 13k mile on mine and its only 9 months old. the service light hasnt come on yet. I also wnat to know when to get it serviced.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

it wont come on either trust me

get it serviced quick if you go over 13k your warranty is invalid

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well Just phoned Renault.

They said its 12,000miles or 1year, whichever is sooner. The woman on the service desk had to confirm it cause she said she had never heard of a 12,000 mile service for Clios (to which I then pointed out it was a 172)

But the people at Renault gave me the correct information of 12,000 miles so was happy at that.

As mine is 1 year old next month I have booked it in for the service which will cost me £125 all in. Not as bad as I thought it would be.. heard stories of £170 +

booked in for 22nd of Febuary.

VW Potato

my reno dealer went into robot mode when i asked her to confirm the mileage for the 1st service: we dont do the 6k safety check anymore. Your cars 1st service is at 18k

"no it isnt"

we dont do the 6k safety check anymore. Your cars 1st service is at 18k

"its a 172. it will need a service at 12k"

"thats for other clios"

like all pillocks at reno, youre quite stupid, arent you?

good-bye

we dont do the 6k safety check anymore. Your cars 1st service...

g

Hey, Scudetto, didnt you know...they dont do the 6k safety check anymore. Your cars 1st service is at 18k.

;) Cretins!

Check the service booklet, mine says:

172 or V6 every 12,000 miles (20,000km) or 2 years
Other Clios every 18,000 miles (30,000km) or 2 years

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ARGH !!!!!

Renualt had just confirmed my suspision of 1 year or 12,000miles. I didnt even tell them I suspected it.. Renault said it !!

which is is !!!! :mad:

I reckon its really poor that the people on the service desk at a main dealer dont know the intervals for all models off by heart..

to confuse things further, i received a welcome pack a couple of weeks after buying my car which also said 18k service interval, it even had my cars specific details, reg no, chassis no. in it. i phoned renault straight away and they said , "yeah, its a mistake" and to be fair apologised but its really not good enough. the helpdesk i called, just to test them, i asked "what is the service interval for a clio" and they answered 18k without asking me the model, i then said it was a cup and he said, "oh, thats a 2 litre, its 12 then". Its just the slapdash approach which is so unprofessional.

Ill get off my soap box now!

Chris

I agree with TonyKL the service books says

172 or V6 every 12,000 miles (20,000km) or 2 years:confused: so have ren changed there service times,Does anyone have a new service book which says any diffrent?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

According to my service manual its 12,000 miles and 2 years, but after phoning renault they said 12,000 or 1 year

Clio 200 FF

definately 12k or 2 years whichever comes first.

the renault dealer im buying mine from told me hed do this service before i pick the car up (10k on clock) and said it was just an oil change? doesnt seem much for a sporty type car

Ive not asked my dealer, just read the service book. But I think Ill hit 1year before I hit 12K miles so Ill call then. Will be in March tho. Guess if you follow the book you cant lose your warranty for late servicing tho.