ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service light and stop/handbrake light!

IS PH2 172
Hi all im new to here, ive only been a sport owner for 24 hours... and have already encountered my first minor problems!
The garage i baught my 53 plate 172 from serviced it before sale, however the service light remains on.... is there anything i can do to turn it off myself without taking it to renault?
Secondly when cornering sharply the stop/handbrake light flickers on, almost as if the handbrake isnt fully depressed, howeve it is! any pointers guys? having just baught my car its breaking my heart to have these little faults.... just want it perfect!
cheers!

Shhh
Change the pads, check the brake fluid level.

Sensor in the cap of the brake resevoir, senses the level shifting when banking.

IS PH2 172
cheers! im gonna have a quick check, fairly p***ed off that the garage wouldnt have checked all this when providing a full service and MOT!!!

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
stop/handbrake is just the brake fluid i think did that on mine topped it up and its been fine ever since

182 Cup
ahh i had this problem mate. take it back to renault and they should change the pads and top it up. their required by law to do this when selling any car and if failed to do this they can end up in a heap of trouble :)

IS PH2 172
ahh i had this problem mate. take it back to renault and they should change the pads and top it up. their required by law to do this when selling any car and if failed to do this they can end up in a heap of trouble :)

wish i could mate, baught it from an independant dealership so gonna have to get them done myself. Still, thanks for the advice!