ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Light with ABS & Traction Light on?

Inferno 182 cup
Hey guys!!

Over the last week or so on random occassions the service light has been coming on with the ABS or traction or both in my 182..it either stays there for the journey, vanishes mid journey or doesnt come up?

Has anyone else had this? Solutions?

Thanks! :)

Black RS200
Mine has done this from day 1, never found a solution, Renault just re set computer and off you go! Ive found it happens on mine if you pump the brakes when stopping, usually i just switch off the ignition (if im stopped at a red light) and back on again to clear the fault. Just remember if u drive with the lights showing your ABS and traction control is disabled and wont work until u re set them via your ignition.

This is the notorious brake pedal switch fault IIRC. I had it with my shed, and many other people have had it too. I'm not sure if if it needs a new switch, or just adjusting. A dealer did mine in less than 20 minutes so it won't be a big expensive job.

Inferno 182 cup
Thanks for your help guys :D I did use the search..even trawled through the first 16pages cause it came up with nowt :(