ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing Clio 172

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
Hi All

I have been away for ages but as Christmas is coming i thought i would say hello again.

Anyway during the break i am thinking of servicing my 51plate clio 172. Is it as easy as it seems. I only want to do the filters, oil and fit an induction kit. cambelt etc has been done last year.

Being nearly 8 years old now i cant see why dealer history should matter as long as its done properly. I always used to do my mk2 golf myself. The scooby however was a different story.

Also any good oils you can recommend?.

Cheers
Dave

i do my own and think they're very straightforward to service (other than the belts and whatnot) - i'd go by the schedule in the service booklet (don't just change the fluids/filters - the inspection service is just as important). there are a few things which aren't in the Renault schedule, which would be a good idea to add in if you're doing it yourself - stuff like the gear oil/leaks, etc

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
good point, will have a look at them too, worth doing as they probably havent been done for a while.