ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing for high rollers

Turbos.
Dropped the Aston off today for its MOT. The same service centre is the designated place in the SE for McLaren servicing now, too.

Sorry for the poor phone pics but the burnt orange looked fantastic in the flesh. However, i think the rear is the worst angle as it lacks stance. The front is great however, but it does need a strong colour to look exotic...

2011-10-05091308.jpg

2011-10-05091315.jpg

2011-10-05091332.jpg

2011-10-05091340.jpg

2011-10-05091409.jpg

2011-10-05091417.jpg

2011-10-05091727.jpg

2011-10-05091738.jpg

Also popped into the local LR dealer to see a nice new Evoque. They will be all over the place soon!

2011-10-05095359.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
A lot of money sitting there... McLaren's certainly look better from the front than the back.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
As much as I love the McLaren and appreciate just how good it is, if it was my money I just couldn't buy one over a 458 :eek:

I can already hear a queue of footballers forming to chop in their RRS's for Evoques, too.

Turbos.
So i did, especially as a 3 door.

The Vanquish has been in storage pretty much all year, so had to take it there really. Normally their service is really good, they'll even flatbed it FOC.

VRS
lovely motors :)

really liking the evoque, a friend has just picked up a white one (her dad has bought it her to take to uni lol)

Trophy #490
As much as I love the McLaren and appreciate just how good it is, if it was my money I just couldn't buy one over a 458 :eek:

I can already hear a queue of footballers forming to chop in their RRS's for Evoques, too.

Completely agree. I absolutely loved the one I went in and was astounded by its point-to-point pace, but the noise was a real let down. Still not keen on them from the back, but head on it's a gorgeous car. The photos in glossy magazines don't do them justice really.

Saw an Evoque today in white with black alloys, looked great!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My Boss has new wheels on his... :eek: I'll update my last thread... not good!

Love the Grey Macca! I just love them. Really would have one over the "fussy" Ferrari.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It's weird, they do nothing for me at all. A bit like the GTR, it is amazing, but a bit, to use the cliche "souless". Having never driven or ridden in either of course.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love the MP's. The black one looks evil.

Evoque is awesome too... only in three door, mind.

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
The Vanquish has been in storage pretty much all year, so had to take it there really. Normally their service is really good, they'll even flatbed it FOC.

Love the Vanquish, I think it's actually improved with age, probably helped as it's the last visually distinct Aston since they just threw the DB9 blueprints through photoshop every time they wanted a new model.

Good to hear Aston look after you, their neighbours in the Jaguar dealership were a bit hit and miss - last year when I dropped off our XKR they duly gave me a lift to the station but rather than taking the opportunity to show me and the other waiting customer the new XJ ,or even use an XF they brought round some ratty old transit van which the driver had to move the remnants of his previous days lunch off the passenger seat for us to squeeze ourselves on to, most odd!

Turbos.
I don't think my old man was that impressed with Jaguar when he had the previous model XJ, remember him shouting at some guy there! Parking is also a massive PITA!

Agree with you on the Vanquish. The only thing that lets it down is the gearbox; pretty awful and somewhat ruins the driving experience. I can see why many paid for the manual conversion. Other that, it feels surprisingly light on its feet and of course the engine is a wonderful instrument to play with.

I once drove it to the dealership in Riverhead forgetting that it was still in 1st gear (its a very tall) and mistakenly performed a smokey slide around the roundabout. I was amazed that it felt like a Caterham to correct, despite weighing 1800kg. A little kid hanging around with his parents asked for a photo after that, and a guy in a Jag quizzed me for half an hour. I just went along with it and pretended it was my car :eek:

DB.

BMW 440i
Love your threads. Keep em coming pal!

Now I know where you get all this money from! haha.

I do like the Evoques, was in dreamland speccing one up the other day, cheaper than I thought at about £45kish.

Turbos.
Yeah, they're not bad value, but then they are 'entry level' and can only be had with 4cyls of course...

A few issues with the McLarens then! Funnily enough i saw my first 458 tonight. Have to say it looks more like a supercar than the Mac does. Sounded a bit odd though, the gearbox shifts so quickly that it makes an auto-style slur noise.

Turbos.
Dropped my dad off to pick up the car just now. It actually got serviced too, and has only covered 580 miles since its last one!

Anyway, there were two more of the burnt orange McLarens there today. Common as muck. Also check out the Gen2 Turbo S back at the storage place; can you guess it is a footballer's?!

2011-10-06154119.jpg

2011-10-06154129.jpg

2011-10-06154141.jpg

2011-10-06154147.jpg

2011-10-06154159.jpg

2011-10-06154221.jpg

2011-10-06160008.jpg

2011-10-06160015.jpg

2011-10-06161505.jpg

2011-10-06161535.jpg

2011-10-06161544.jpg

2011-10-06161722.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
I love the mclarens but my only gripe is that I see them everyday around here Lol

Would still have one over pretty much anything though

Turbos.
Nah, it is just the Lancaster (Jardine?) group's servicing place, so Bentley/Aston/McLaren. It is the right turning as you go up the hill towards Knockholt.

The storage place where the white Turbo is is Ultimate Finish at Brands Hatch.