ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Settign up an 0845 number

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Has anyone got any experience of setting up an 0845 number? I need to get one and divert it to a land line number. There are loads of places online to choose from but I'm just looking for recommendations of a good company to use so I don't get ripped off. Also are there any typical hidden charges that I should be aware of?

Cheers

Ric

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Dunno if this helps but Ive got a second line with my orange broadband. That number is a 0845.

really freeks my mates out when ring them, they answer the phone all offical like

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Like your style Tom on the Opal front ;).

We dont charge anything to setup the NGN (none geographical number) and you recieve revenue from the calls made to the 0845 aswell.

Will you expect alot of calls to be made to the 0845?

further info found here matey.... http://www.opal-telecom.co.uk/

I worked with the opal team when i was on the TT setup staff at Acton.

Nice bunch.

We dont charge anything to setup the NGN (none geographical number) and you recieve revenue from the calls made to the 0845 aswell.

Its hard to say at the moment because I'm getting it setup for a new company. In all honesty I can't see it having a large amount of throughput over the next six to twelve months at least.

So what you're saying is I can get an 0845 number free and receive a small kick back on every call received. Where's the catch?!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Another vote for opal here, though we got 3 numbers for free from XL networks

which I thought were pretty decent for free :D

Tesla MP3 2021

Its hard to say at the moment because I'm getting it setup for a new company. In all honesty I can't see it having a large amount of throughput over the next six to twelve months at least.

So what you're saying is I can get an 0845 number free and receive a small kick back on every call received. Where's the catch?!

Yep, thats it. :)

Sorry no catch..... honest!!!

Last edited:
  Tesla MP3 2021
Opal have a thing where there are Gold, Silver and bronze numbers. Now the bronze numbers are 100% free but large companies who want "better" numbers i.e 0845 111 111 will pay for them as they are Gold numbers.

Opal have a thing where there are Gold, Silver and bronze numbers. Now the bronze numbers are 100% free but large companies who want "better" numbers i.e 0845 111 111 will pay for them as they are Gold numbers.

Thats spot on. Are there any charges for changing the forwarding number? How long does it take between placing the order and finding out what number you're going to get?? Sorry for the questions but I need to get something ordered today so its all go at the mo lol!

Cheers

Ric

Tesla MP3 2021

Thats spot on. Are there any charges for changing the forwarding number? How long does it take between placing the order and finding out what number you're going to get?? Sorry for the questions but I need to get something ordered today so its all go at the mo lol!

Cheers

Ric

There are no charges for changing the forwarding number atall. You can even be setup on the reroute service. Basically you call a number type in your 0845 and a PIN number and you can change it straight away.

Why dont you call our sales guys on 0800 083 8000 and say you want to get an 0845 number and they will go through it with you.

I rick

I have had two numbers for french car show for three years

0845 838 084 and 0845 838 0837

I got them from:-

http://0845.uk2numbers.co.uk/

It's free to use after initial £9.99 + for buying number unless you order some special service.

It's all controlled via your admin panel on their website.

I would recommend them. Orders are almost instant.

Edit - Opal looks a better deal if the initial number is cheap enough.

Cheers
Mark

Tesla MP3 2021
I think they are a reseller of the Opal service anyway lol.

This is the case for the majority of these online companies.

Just finally got through to Opal, don't think they were too interested when I told them it wasn't going to get £500 worth of traffic/month! They reckon I'll get a call back, we'll see what happens...

Tesla MP3 2021
Just finally got through to Opal, don't think they were too interested when I told them it wasn't going to get £500 worth of traffic/month! They reckon I'll get a call back, we'll see what happens...

Do you know who you spoke to mate.....

I have strayed away from this side of the business really so I hope that the processes haven’t changed.

I didn’t get a name, she sounded like she was just taking messages to pass onto other departments. Just want to get one number setup, hopefully for free! Am I better off just saying there’ll be a s**t load of calls going through it?

Tesla MP3 2021
I didn’t get a name, she sounded like she was just taking messages to pass onto other departments. Just want to get one number setup, hopefully for free! Am I better off just saying there’ll be a s**t load of calls going through it?

I will make some enquiries.......

Tesla MP3 2021
leave it with us mate.... it looks like the sales guys are having a shift around so just trying to coller one of the lads I know.

I've just had a call back now so its all good. Thanks a lot for your help mate.

Ric