ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sex!

haha now I have your attention just a couple of questions:

Just about to get an induction kit for my MKII 172 and was wondering:

1) Just about to have 12,000 mile service done at Renault. Will they still do it if it has been modified??

2) Any reccomendations for a good induction kit??

p.s.. anyone painted their calipers??? and any tips?

cheers

pipercross viper seems to be the best from what most people have said about it on here but it seems accepted the you need a chip or remap at the same time. as for not servicing it i doubt this will be an issue as you are paying but they may think you are a muppet and write something to the effect that you have an engine modification on the car on your invoice. what may be more of an issue is getting them to carry out warranty work if your car needs it as they seem to use mods as an excuse not to pay out at some dealers

yer thats what I thought about the warranty bit!

its done 11,000 miles now and its already been in for a new starter motor and the now imfamous airbag light!!!

thought if i start adding bits on to make it breath better and then something goes wrong I will get the ooohs, arrrrs and ummmms when they lift the bonnet up!

anyone had this problem when they have taken theirs in???

I had mine serviced at 24K and they simply wrote K&N instead of checking the normal filter element - nobody at the garage mentioned anything about warranty (if it goes in under warranty just put the old filter back on!)

I have a RamAir induction kit and am well impressed - feels a bit more torquey than it did as standard and sounds wicked. People turn to look when I accelerate and I have a standard exhaust!

CO2 levels are fine too

Dont know bout the rest but i painted my calipers

just make sure you wire brush them first to get all the crap off then the paint goes on easier

Vix

car has just been in for its 12K service and they told me that no mods were allowed because it would invalidate my warranty!

He was a right arrogate wan***r and really got the hump when I asked him to record the mileage and condition of car when I left it with them (so they couldnt screw it round all day long).

Just painted the back calipers red as well (car is red). Looks awesome so fronts are getting done this week. Its takes many coats of Hammerite but they look awesome!

any one any thoughts on the mods side in reference to warranty?