ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SGS Wheel dollies

Anyone on here use these wheel dollies? SGS clicky

Capture.JPG

I'm looking to store an immobile vehicle as tight up against a wall where it will stay sat in these for the long term. I won't be leaving any room to get down the side to jack up and remove so they will stay in situ under the wheels so I can pull it out if/when required.

SGS appear to get mixed reviews in terms of quality across their range but these are priced quite attractively compared to others I have found, Sealey for example etc.

Curious from those who have used them whether the materials/quality are inferior hence the lower price vs competitors, or if they are good enough for what they need to do. I won't be using them daily to move different stuff around over rough surfaces.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I bought the cheapest shittiest ones off ebay and are fine for just moving the car now and again. So should be fine on an even surface

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Im quite sure I have the SGS ones at home. Used them on the Mexico Resto. Do a perfectly good job. But level ground is a must. If theres even a gnats pube inbetween the wheel and the floor, they get stuck

Im quite sure I have the SGS ones at home. Used them on the Mexico Resto. Do a perfectly good job. But level ground is a must. If theres even a gnats pube inbetween the wheel and the floor, they get stuck

Hmm. The floor is smooth but not snooker table level.

I assume the castors spin around and catch at 90 degrees and drag?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Hmm. The floor is smooth but not snooker table level.

I assume the castors spin around and catch at 90 degrees and drag?
im joking somewhat. My garage floor isnt billiard table smooth but it does require a shove if it gets stuck.

The castors on mine arent too bad. They spin round and round just fine but sometimes to catch at 90 and drag a bit. I usually give them a kick tbh

@Sidnancy are yours the blue ones or black ones? Black ones have larger metal castors whereas these are small nylon ones to prevent marking the floor (epoxy). I wonder if these smaller ones are even more likely to drag.

Meh, brute force will prevail.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
@Sidnancy are yours the blue ones or black ones? Black ones have larger metal castors whereas these are small nylon ones to prevent marking the floor (epoxy). I wonder if these smaller ones are even more likely to drag.

Meh, brute force will prevail.
I've got the black ones mate. Bigger wheels. We just have a painted concrete floor so no dramas about damage.

I'd imagine the smaller ones are even more likely to drag. Should be okay though. They're not as bad as people mate out :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I’ve just bought a set as your link reminded me I’ve got to move a car, I’ll let you know if they’re any good

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I've a set of those exact ones and used on the Clio for same reason IE tight against the wall for a period .

As others said you so need to give it a good shove and realistically you need a couple of you to move it so don't go thinking you can move it single handly. It won't happen.

But overall well made and definitely do the job

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've a set of those exact ones and used on the Clio for same reason IE tight against the wall for a period .

As others said you so need to give it a good shove and realistically you need a couple of you to move it so don't go thinking you can move it single handly. It won't happen.

But overall well made and definitely do the job
Pussy! 😘😘

I have a set of these and I can move a megane very easily by myself and I'm no hulk haha

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Seem to do the job fine, I managed to move my 172 Cup by myself but wasn’t as smooth / easy as I expected.....
6ADF563A-12E0-4DB2-9468-C991D2A08ECD.jpeg
BAE59E56-F869-4091-8BF7-F03908E6E9D2.jpeg