ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shafted.

Nissan Jewk

Realised I cant sell my 172 anymore after caluclating how much finance I have left, its nearly double the value of the car, once I added on the finance charges!!!!! So im bloody stuck with this car for another 2/3 years, in which time itll be worth peanuts. Grrrrrr :mad:

Nissan Jewk

I need to change jobs in order to sell the bike. Though there could be some progress there. New job = No internet!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Thats why I always recommend an usecured bank loan rather than car finance.

Youre not tied to anything, and if you want to change car, you just take a new loan and pay off the old one.

Nissan Jewk

I remember I couldnt get a loan at the time... young and naive!! Oh well, you live and learn.

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hello did you get your car oh Hire Purchase?

If so at exactly half payments you are entitled to give it back to the Hire Purchase company who will ask you to take it to a car auction place....the car must be in an ok resale condition..

We did this with the old Model Micra...£2300 was owed on finance and it was worth £800..so we handed it back in and put the £2300 off against a new car rather than loosing £1500 :D

Ziel Nurburgring

Holy cockpump Mikey. When you signed the dotted line in blood and was being ridden raw from behind with one of those orange choker balls in your mouth, did you not think you were getting tucked up?

have you rung up and got a settlement figue mikey? Surely you dont owe that much money still? When did you get the car. and how long you been paying it?

My finance settlement is about £800 more than the car is worth too, unless i can get some mug to pay £6k for my car then i can pay the finance off and have a couple of hundred in my sky rocket. Or i can wait till the summer, and i will of paid 51% where i am able to just hand the car back.

Nissan Jewk

I was naive, what can I say. I didnt do my homework on the finance and now im paying out my ears for it. Put it this way, finance charges were nearly £4k alone.... I didnt read that shizzle before last night! I might just keep going for another year, pay half the value of the car and give it back, if I can.

What Im trying/going to do is to get a bankloan, pay off finance then sell car privately. Least I would lose would be about £500-£1000, depends on what I sell the car at...

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I got a bank loan to buy my first car for £3800

I now have about £15k of debt.

Loans are the devils work I tell you.

Weeman sucks ****

They are but if you want any kind of fun in your life you cant survive without them...unless youre loaded of course.

Nissan Jewk

How could I re-finance? Ill still owe x amount? Or maybe I could refinance over a longer period so monthly payments are lower, allowing me to enjoy my life more?

7.6cc :D

Mike, get an actual settlement figure, not just one youve calculated yourself.

Then go onto Lombard sites and Cahoot with a view to getting a loan to pay it off and use their online calculators to see how much you could save each month.

I did it and swopped over, youd be surprised.

Nissan Jewk

what about getting a bank loan to pay off the existing finance, then maybe selling the 172 and getting something cheaper? Least i wont be tied down once finance has been paid I suppose.

Ive asked for a settlement figure, they said it takes 12 days to post. WTF?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Mike, get a settlement figure and look into getting a decent loan to pay it off.

Ive just re-financed my loan to get a three month payment holiday with the AA, 5.8% means I only pay a grand interest on £8000 over 4 years and the payments are under £200 a month.

Weeman sucks ****

Thats it mike and yeah get a settlement figure from the finance company. You can pay over longer and probably with a lower APR.

AA are good as are directline. Theres loads of loans out there.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 11 March 2005

what about getting a bank loan to pay off the existing finance, then maybe selling the 172 and getting something cheaper? Least i wont be tied down once finance has been paid I suppose.

Yeah, that was I was saying, try cahoot, tescos etc

Ive asked for a settlement figure, they said it takes 12 days to post. WTF?

Does it f**k, get your agreement forms, should be a phone number on them and account number. Phone them and ask.

7.6cc :D

Bank loans are better than car finance.

But id still try the internet loan sites as i said, also Tesco/Sainsbury loans are meant to be good.

Nissan Jewk

Ok people, will give this a shot. Maybe the 172 will be up for sale again after all! Ta muchly x

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 11 March 2005

But id still try the internet loan sites as i said, also Tesco/Sainsbury loans are meant to be good.
Yup, Jilly speaks the truth! Never use car finance - Ive been there and been shafted by it too.

Paying it off using a cheaper APR loan is the answer - let us know what you do!

Remapped derv Golf

Same as my friend.

He bought a mk4 Astra SXi in November (told him not to buy a new vauxhall!) - over 5 years. Its now worth 7k but he still owes 8.7k

LOL!

Megane 225 baby! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 11 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 11 March 2005

Yup, Jilly speaks the truth! Never use car finance - Ive been there and been shafted by it too.

Paying it off using a cheaper APR loan is the answer - let us know what you do!
Did exactly the same as the above - much better!:D

Just closed down my "Preference" account that I didnt realise had been opened when I took my car finance out until a new card turned up for it yesterday!!!! WTF!!!!

Also Mike, if you have good credit and a good history with your bank, then try them for the loan as well. Even if there advertised rate is higher than what you have seen elsewhere, if you are a reliable customer i.e. long history and never overdrawn etc, they can give you a lower APR etc if they want to - play them off against other loans available to you in the same way you do with insurance quotes come renewal time. Doesnt hurt to exagerate either like you would when comparing insurance quotes i.e. "X bank said they would give me X APR, Im a loyal customer here and I want to keep all my finances with you, so why cant you match that?" Give it a shot mate, nothing to lose and its worked for me. Could even use your current/savings account as leverage i.e. "If X bank can do me such a better rate on a loan, perhaps Id be better to move my current acct, savings acct and credit card over to them as well"

Good luck fella.