ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shaking steering wheel???

clio 182 cup
i picked my 182 cup up on saturday!!
i love it, havent stoppped smiling yet,

however, ive noticed that at 80 or above i have quite a bit of vibration/shakiness from the steering wheel, nothing too bad but slightly uncomfortable,
is this common or is there something wrong with my car??
if so does any1 know what it could be!!
im useless with cars!!!
cheers

wheel balance, £10/wheel
tracking, £30
ish

i'd get the wheels balanced first, or try swapping backs onto fronts, see if that tells you anything

Westy. MX5
If balancing doesn't solve the problem one of your rims may be buckled or even a bad tyre not fitted straight.

Highly unlikely to be tracking, it's something rotating that is out of balance causing a vibration. Out of track usually just wears your tyres but doesn't introduce vibration.

VaVa
I had this - Got wheels balanced after buying new tyres. Noticed it took the guy ages to balanced the one wheel, which made me suspicious. Made no difference to wobble.

Swapped front to back and wobble through steering wheel now gone.

Still feel a vibration through the car, so buckled wheel is favourite :(

Listerine & Poledo
whip it over to anywhere that does tyres, get everything balanced and tracked.
If that doesn't fix it then they'll tell you what will, but you'll have had to get these jobs done regardless of what else may be the cause.

Don't get wound up about it, its quite unlikely to be anything truly nasty.

Did you get to the car private or trade?

clio 182 cup
i got the car trade,
i took it back to the garage last night and theyve booked it in on thursday til friday,
theyre gonna hopefully sort the vibrations for me and fit a new display in the centre of the dash because it didnt work!!
typical, i finally get the car ive wanted for 5 years, and after 6 days of owning it they're gonna take it back off me and replace it with y a shitty daihatsu courtesy car!!!
lol