ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shall I get it done ;)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Hi,

I was looking for Renault tuners on the web, and your name came up.

I see that you have a 200bhp Cup.

So what gains could I expect to see from my Clio 182? and at what cost?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Lee.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Lee
Sorry for the delay in replying back to you .We have modified three 182
cars with good results,the same work is carried out as on the 172 with exstensive cylinder head work. This not only gives 210 bhp but also a good torque increase while still retaining good MPG and exelent driveability.Please see our web site LAD CLIO http://www.ladmotorsport.co.ukwww.ladmotorsport.co.uk with the road test on our 172 cup it is a excellent
report and has brought in many orders.The engine conversion is £1200.
Regards
Ernie Larton.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Excellent, 210bhp would really make it a very nice car.

A few questions if I may.
How long would you need the car for?
Are you able to provide a loan car whilst you have my 182?
Would I see extra benefit by adding an induction kit and exhaust to your
modifications?
Are your modifications tracable by the insurance co?

What are waiting times like, how soon could you book my car in?

Best Regards,

Lee.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Lee
We would require your car from a Saturday to Saturday,we do not provide a
loan car but can take you to Lancaster Castle station and collect you the
following weekend. This is the main line to London Euston or Enterprise car
hire have come up with some excellent rates for our customers and they are
just around the corner from our premises. The power increase from a exh
system is only around 2/3 bhp as most std exh systems are now very
efficient.Most customers fit them for the sound effect this can also make
the car noisy and spoil the car.Air filters will also only give around 2 bhp
and that money can be spent better on a set of slightly lowered and uprated
springs. This does not spoil the ride quality but makes the car more stable
with less roll.As nearly all the cars we modify are still under manufactures
3 year warranty the engine mods can not be seen as it is all internal, but
still meet new car exh emissions this is very important and look std for
other reasons.We could carry out the above work from February the fifth and
the car would be ready to collect on the twelfth.
Regards
Ernie Larton.
--
LAD Motorsport. Tel. 01524 62748
http://www.mac.com//redirect/http://www.ladmotorsport.co.ukU face=Helvetica color=#0000ff http://www.ladmotorsport.co.uk/U

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Sounds good. Very reasonable price. Is it just head work they do or is it cams and chip as well?

Big gain from just head work.

Sounds very good increase for the price, Id ask AndyGDI and BenR for there thoughts on it though as they have done a few 182s i think and it seems to costs more than £1200 I think??? could be wrong though?

Simon.

£1200 ? ill be round with my dremel in the morning i wont need the car for a week and ill get the same actual results as LAD

VaVa

Are you being sarcastic? have you never heard of the Mysterious LAD?? Its a con!!! Its been discussed on here a thousand times. They charge you £1200 and sprinkle a bit of fairy dust on your engine. lol.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

L.A.D Motorsport?? I was talking to a guy in Southend once,this must of been over two years ago&he had a 172 standard&he told me that it was 202bhp&it had cost him £1200!! I told a few people back then& nobody believed me! So theses guys must have been around for a while.

check out the lad cup post in the clio discussion section!! You will soon change your mind!! money wasted imo!!

wasnt there a guy at the south mimms meet recently who had 200hp, with smt7, cams, induction, exhaust on a cup ?? cant be that expensive on a 182 (178hp) because 9hp is attainable with exhaust, open air filter and timing advance at least thats the Figure BBperformance tuning quote after running a before and after test on their RRd.. i wouldnt imagine they would need to lie ? so surley on get that done then add some cams ??? Remap all together with smt7 or whatever it is you use to remap the 182.

i was under the impression that cams could add upto around 16bhp with remap.. if the guy with the cup has 200hp from 172cup with all the mods listed then a 182 must produce 208-210hp by that logic.

correct me if im wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 26 January 2005

wasnt there a guy at the south mimms meet recently who had 200hp, with smt7, cams, induction, exhaust on a cup ?? cant be that expensive on a 182 (178hp) because 9hp is attainable with exhaust, open air filter and timing advance at least thats the Figure BBperformance tuning quote after running a before and after test on their RRd.. i wouldnt imagine they would need to lie ? so surley on get that done then add some cams ??? Remap all together with smt7 or whatever it is you use to remap the 182.

i was under the impression that cams could add upto around 16bhp with remap.. if the guy with the cup has 200hp from 172cup with all the mods listed then a 182 must produce 208-210hp by that logic.

correct me if im wrong.
But this is LAD we are talking about.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

the guy at south mimms had all his stuff done by mark fisher not LAD. a lot more was spent on it too...not £1200!

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 26 January 2005

correct me if im wrong.
But this is LAD we are talking about.

ooh yea i know that LAD are sweet talking bullsh*tters but im just saying if cocopops wants that kind of power then it should cost the earth in fact i would imagine around £1000 for decent exhaust and induction and 600 for cams remap ? may only cost 2k max for 200hp-210hp out of the 182.. i would want simular power.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Yeah that was Hussain?? 205BHP 0-60 IN 5SECS!! H e had pipercams on his 172 cup??

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 26 January 2005

Yeah that was Hussain?? 205BHP 0-60 IN 5SECS!! H e had pipercams on his 172 cup??

0-60 in 5 is awesome but i think its the LSD that helped on that one, im strugglng to put down just 172 (168) at the mo without the engine going into banging mode.. deffo need an LSD to go with those mods.

i think id prefer to stick N/A and if tuned well could see simular if not better economy.

alright then.. how much would you expect to pay for an extra 22hp out of the 182 (178) ??

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 26 January 2005

Are you being sarcastic? have you never heard of the Mysterious LAD?? Its a con!!! Its been discussed on here a thousand times. They charge you £1200 and sprinkle a bit of fairy dust on your engine. lol.
only slightly

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 26 January 2005

Its probably just head work (500) and cams (300) and a remap (400) and a over reading RR

imo
Are these figures the bhp quotes from the LAD website per item?;)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

There are no cams and no ecu according to Ernie (see above).

ONLY "extensive cylinder headwork".

insignia

0-60 in 5 is awesome but i think its the LSD that helped on that one, im strugglng to put down just 172 (168) at the mo without the engine going into banging mode.. deffo need an LSD to go with those mods.

i think id prefer to stick N/A and if tuned well could see simular if not better economy.

alright then.. how much would you expect to pay for an extra 22hp out of the 182 (178) ??
Is that the bang,bang you get when booting it in 1st gear?

Quote: Originally posted by 182 sport on 26 January 2005

Is that the bang,bang you get when booting it in 1st gear?

Yup. I rekon an LSD will cure this as the power will be put down better and not spin the wheels as much hence less vibration and knock from the engine.. mite be wrong but il probably get one anyway once ive got other mods sorted.

Why not...

a) ask to try a converted 172/182 to feel the power increase

b) ask how they know its a proven 200/210bhp increase i.e. ask for before and after RR evidence for the cars theyve done

Chances are youll struggle with either/both!

Having seen all the various posts, surely youd be better taking the car to Andy @ GDI who has proven success with "200 bhp" mods on 172/182s?

not heard of the lighter flywheel and LSD for the Cup/172/182 on these forums ever been mentioned or installed yet i would imagine these are common mods for people wanting better traction for a FWD and some weight saving with the flywheel but yasser seems to have these ?? is it because they are new parts and hes the first to get them ??

where can you get the LEDA Coilovers and LSD ? Also i know mark fisher did the rear roll cage but who did the tuning upto 205hp.

bet knowone knows

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..Yasser has had extensive engine work to get his timed run of 0-60 in 5.5; headwork, cams, itg, exhaust, lightened flywheel, engine balance, racing clutch, lsd, adjusted gear ratios, smt6. sure hel correct me if im wrong. :cool:

Clio 182

not heard of the lighter flywheel and LSD for the Cup/172/182 on these forums ever been mentioned or installed yet i would imagine these are common mods for people wanting better traction for a FWD and some weight saving with the flywheel but yasser seems to have these ?? is it because they are new parts and hes the first to get them ?? where can you get the LEDA Coilovers and LSD ? Also i know mark fisher did the rear roll cage but who did the tuning upto 205hp.bet knowone knows

Mark Fish done virtually all the tunning on Yasers car. Andy @ GDI mapped the SMT6.