ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shall I go for it?

clio 182
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting back into the clio world once again as I had previously owned a FF 182. Ive seen a clio 172 cup with FSH 66k on the clock 53 plate for 2200. You think that is a good deal? Im seriously considering giving the guy selling it a ring tomorow to arrange a viewing. im caught in two minds lol...

Also, has anyone had any experience with Premium Choice insurers? I had a really good car insurance quote of 541 (im 25 with 7 NCB) since all teh others ones on confused are charing me 600-800. they any good?

Thanks for the help dudes

Evo 8 MR
Standard wheels and splitter is rare to see these days, not sure why they've advertised it for sale stating it needs a tyre, why not just fit one?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The front bumpers been painted at some point.

Could be innocent like restoring stone chip damage, but could have been in a whack. Make sure you check chassis legs are ok, the seatbelt pre-tensioners are still there and the airbag light comes on and goes off again with the ignition. Some unscrupulous people simply remove the bulb to hide a fault.

Looks bloody tidy though, and nice to see a standard one.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Nice to see a standard one. Make sure there's service history and the belts have been done.

I had it around 5months, it just isn't getting used as much as I would like or thought when I bought it. I initially put it up for sale to help with my house but I don't the funds anymore and just decided to keep it up and get rid.

I want to move over to bikes now and try them out so the Clio is funding that.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
you got that from the photos?!

The little black stickers are missing from the bumper.

They are below the headlights, at the end of the 'insert' in the middle of the bumper. No stickers = respray.

6926124220_a88fbfe7ef_z.jpg

Make sure there is paperwork to back up the cambelt having been done and a receipt for the new cambelt kit the guy has bought.

Personally I'd try and see if you can negotiate a bit of cash off and use it to have the cambelt kit fitted for peace of mind.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
The first link you posted looks like a better example than the one with white wheels to be honest. i dont rele like the white wheels on the blue CUP. plus you save the money on the cam belt kit which is included.