ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shampoo/polish/wax for racing blue

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I was going to go with some chemical guys strong wash for the shampoo as the car is pretty filthy...

Unsure what to go for with the polish side of things...

As for the wax, would something like the XXX, P21's or this 50/50 be any good?

What cloths should i have to apply and finsih off the polish and wax?

106 GTi
Working by hand.

Polish - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze
Seal - CG M-Seal
Wax - P21s or Nattys Blue

Alternative route

Polish - AG Super Resin
Seal - AG extra Gloss
Wax - P21s or Nattys Blue

Apply with yellow foam hand pads, remove with a decent microfibers.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
oh another quick q....

where is best to get all these products? i would rather buy form one shop than split the order up.

seriousperformance?

106 GTi
Alex at seriousperformance does the

Wax - P21s or Poorboys Nattys Blue

The M seal would need to come from else where though - carwash'n'wax is where I get mine.

Autoglym just from Halfrauds

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I sell the strong wash, vanilla Moose hand Glaze and M-Seal.

All great products in their own right, but I would be tempted rather than going for the waxes you highlighted, continuing the Clearkote theme by adding the Carnauba Moose Wax. On the yank forums this is a tried and tested method for a dripping wet shine. Sandwich the M-Seal between the Vanilla and Carnauba for more shine and durability.

So in effect you have:

Seal - CG M-Seal
Wax - Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

I'm also doing the applicators free with the Clearkote combo which is a bonus.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/shop/complete-detailing-kits/clearkote-hand-polish-and-protect-kit/p_195.html

Here's a snap of Vanilla moose, EX-P (very similar to M-Seal) and Clearkote CarnaubaMoose wax on red.

VM_CMW_reflections_Acura.jpg

Cheers Tim

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
ive got a racing blue,
extreme wash n wax
synthetic detailer
autoglym resin polish
chemical guys m seal
XXX wax

even these without the wax gives a kick ass shine, ill post a pic of it tomw just cleaned today

106 GTi
Tim not a bad call on the Clearkote CMW, always forget that one, have it on the go here.

My take on it. Ideal for machine use, its a liquid.

Looks wise sits in Between Nattys Blue and P21s. The P21s being deeper, the Nattys Blue Being wetter, CMW a bit of both. Does mute Flake slightly on mettallics but not a problem on Racing Blue.

Downside not as easy on or off as P21s, or easy on as the Nattys Blue. Removal it is on par with Nattys Blue.

Fairly durable, used it for a while as a LSP on my old daily drive 205 1.9 GTi

35306-refection-med.jpg

35clean205-3.jpg

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Rich, I think you have sold me on the p21s i'm going to order some tomorrow and if it's as good as you say i'll be adding another product to my site :S

106 GTi
Tim it is the product that saved me from wasting losts of money on Zymol/Swissol and Wax wizard stuff back in about 2001/2. Has been in my go to wax in most situations ever since. I do prefer Souveran with Nattys Blue on my own car but it even looks great on Black. Excells on Metallics, great on Silver. If I could only ever have one wax - it would be p21s a great all rounder. Will always have a pot on my shelf.

Seal - CG M-Seal
Wax - Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

cost for all the above ?

however mite have to order some p21's after advice from the master and it would replace nattys blue for me, would it be worth it rich ? you saw the car @ trax woul it improve the look much more ?

106 GTi
Nattys Blue is Wetter, P21s Deeper.

P21s is easy on and off.

I use alternate Nattys Blue and Souveran on mine, if I had yours I would alternate layers of Nattys Blue and P21s.

When I did the Freebone mobile I used P21s IIRC and it looks good if you just want one - P21s is the daddy all rounder looks wise.

clio 182 black /gold
There are some crackin finishes and rich knows best. I have ordered some items of chemical guys today. Not had chance to use them. I used them before and they are the mutts nuts.

Rich said:
Nattys Blue is Wetter, P21s Deeper.

P21s is easy on and off.

I use alternate Nattys Blue and Souveran on mine, if I had yours I would alternate layers of Nattys Blue and P21s.

When I did the Freebone mobile I used P21s IIRC and it looks good if you just want one - P21s is the daddy all rounder looks wise.

best person to get it from ?