ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

She is in the country.

Clio Trophy 079/500

Woo hooo,

Just spoken to Renault and my trophy is in the country. Still about a week away though. Wish i could drive down to southampton and get it myself.

Dont know the number yet. I cant bloody wait.

Clio Trophy 079/500

Cheers, they had a new one out the back, thought it was mine. Then had my hopes dashed. lol.

Got my reg too, EY55WHK.

This is going to be the slowest week of my life.
I think they are checking the glove box for asylum seekers, and the boot for terrorists. She will need a passport, i hope to take it to Les Mans and the Nurburgring 24hr races next year. I doubt ill have a go on the track, but id love a go in the taxi.

[Edited by Ducks Butt on 25 August 2005 at 4:26pm]

Clio Trophy 079/500

Well they have said a week, ive told them i need a new car quick, coz i dont want to tax & MOT my current one. If it doesnt arrive, ill ask them for a courtesy car for a week or two.

Good luck, i had to roll around in my 172 in the meantime and piss about keep changing the delivery date with my insurer.

Clio Trophy 079/500

yes but that is where having a contractual lawyer as a mother helps. most companies bend over for people as soon as you mention a lawyer. they dont like them or the hassel of dealing with them. but im sure i wont have to worry.

Off now to make a clio size hole in the garage. Also setting up a night vision security cam to pc, so ill host the site and i can see her sleep. when im at work.

[Edited by Ducks Butt on 25 August 2005 at 4:44pm]

Fingers crossed then. But no doubt theyll have an easy (and probably written into your order form in teeny print) way out of the whole being held to a delivery date saga. Delivery dates must slip so often they would have a disclaimer or loop-hole or theyd get ass f**ked by every single customer whos car wasnt bang on time.

Clio Trophy 079/500

I hope so too. Im sure they must have, but it might make them act a bit faster if everything seems to be stalling.

Worst thing is though ive got to spend a week or so running her in.

Clio Trophy 079/500

The bullsh*t from various mechanics, who unlike you work on cars for a living.

Thats the best way to f**k a car up, the engine, parts need time to settle and bed in.

Then i can rag the bollox out of her.

Clio v6

Go by what it recommends in the handbook, and it may be a good idea not to rush things with the PDI on your car otherwise Renault mechanics will be putting the first 1000 miles on it for you. ;)

lol, i work in the motortrade and i can tell you this for nothing your car will arrive to you with somewhere between 8 and 20 miles on the clock. It will be driven by half a dozen or more people who really couldnt give a sh*t about it. The bloke who puts it on a trailer, the guy unloading it at a dock, then the guy unloading it at another dock, then onto a trailer to renault, then off it, then on one again to the dealer, then the car will have a PDI test drive and then again the valeters will go and fill the tank. Each time the car will be stone cold and i can garantee at very least the valeters and the tech PDIing the car will rape the tits off it. So do you think your further nannying it for several hundred miles will undo any damage they may have done?

Im not saying bounce it off the limiter every drive from day one but opening it up into the revs when the car is upto temp wont do any harm. Youll force the rings out into the bores and scrub them giving better seal. Therefore more compression and better power. There are a few sites on the net which go into more detail on this.

Clio v6

Pre Delivery Inspection. Fitting alarms, etching, and supplying all the accessory items like mats etc

i got told i could have mine after a 4week wait.on the 3rd week i got told it was in the country but it was another 3/4 weeks so dont get ur hopes up

I read a big article on running in recently in the press not too long ago and they basically said running in is not required anymore. Something about the parts already being bedded in, going too easy actually can do more harm than good if you are too cautious. Obviously dont bounce it off the limiter from day one, but a good blasting once its completely warmed up is fine.

The best thing about owning a new RS Clio is that they are at their slowest when you get it, the only way forward is faster...Ive gone from 8 to 12k in a matter of a few months and the difference is suprisingly noticeable.

Clio Trophy 079/500

I was told last week, middle of october for delivery. I was gutted, but things seem to be moving along nicely. I just hope the weather is still nice when i get it. Cant photograph her in the rain.

I work round the corner from the Renault garage ive bought the car from. Ill have to move a security camera to monitor their comings and goings. haha.

Clio Trophy 079/500

"Break in secrets", how manys years bird has he done . LOL

I like this bit "No matter how well an engine is assembled, its final power output is all up to you !!"

Is this site for bikes or cars?

Its true.

Running in is a thing of the past.

Tolerancing from the factory is so tight on modern engines that if anything touched to bed in youd have more of a problem, nothing is meant to touch everything floats on what we call an oil clearance.

By the time the car gets to you anyway it will have enough miles on it to actually already have the bores glazed and give you horrible time trying to get the rings to seal.....which is why everybody who runs in their cars as per the book doesnt see the engine loosened up until 20k miles or so.

Give it some stick, unless you want to be down on bhp.

And dont bother asking what i do for a living.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 25 August 2005

Hope it has a passport?
Doesnt need one to get in Britain you fool! They let everyone in lol!

In fact my biker mates passport expired 2 years ago and hes back and forth to france all the time. knowone in customs has noticed

Come on Ben you used to deliberately hide stuff up your ass so theyd have a good rummage about when you came back from HK so dont play innocent.

A red missile

My dealer said virtually word for word what Loony says, i gave mine a good 10 minutes to warm thoroughly then i ragged the nuts out of it, and i still do ;)

bravo!!!

rag it....rag it to death..........then get a new engine under warrenty, and rag that....rag it to death!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 August 2005

lol, i work in the motortrade and i can tell you this for nothing your car will arrive to you with somewhere between 8 and 20 miles on the clock. It will be driven by half a dozen or more people who really couldnt give a sh*t about it. The bloke who puts it on a trailer, the guy unloading it at a dock, then the guy unloading it at another dock, then onto a trailer to renault, then off it, then on one again to the dealer, then the car will have a PDI test drive and then again the valeters will go and fill the tank. Each time the car will be stone cold and i can garantee at very least the valeters and the tech PDIing the car will rape the tits off it. So do you think your further nannying it for several hundred miles will undo any damage they may have done?

Im not saying bounce it off the limiter every drive from day one but opening it up into the revs when the car is upto temp wont do any harm. Youll force the rings out into the bores and scrub them giving better seal. Therefore more compression and better power. There are a few sites on the net which go into more detail on this.

i work on a dock and they brought in all the mazda rx8s, mercs, sh*t LOADS of bms and trust me.. thats all true

saw a line of about 40 RX8s coming off the ships getting ragged, and then going over really harsh speedbumps at about 35mph.

poor cars

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

it makes u feel sick init! My car had 12miles on it wen it was "new". luckily its not a sport model and hopefully they are bored of driving 1.4s around :confused:!

I didnt drive the car above 4k for the first 400miles then as soon, (litterally) as it clicked to 400, almost as if it was the law, i dropped it into 2nd and aimed for the horrzon! (did 100 in a 40 off the lights and then back down to 40 again - all that pent up right footed agression!)

Rag my car all the time, and its really quick for a 1.4, but the golden rule is wait till its on 4bars (of temperature)!

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3

If you want Ill pick it up from Southampton and get it to you much sooner than next week....might not be much left of the engine by the time I do though :p.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Just to add fuel to the fire....

I picked up my new ST170 back in Dec 2004 and drove it in low revs for first 500 miles. After that I started to rag it a little (only when oil temp was warm) and it felt sluggish.

I was told to Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. So I drove the car and warmed it up properly before I reset the ECU. Reset ECU, then went out and ragged it, as Oil temp was upto warm. I then would rag the car once it was warm and The car felt different. Morn nippier and quicker. Basically I think the ECU adapts to your driving style.

This is what worked for me. Im not a mechanic, but I got this advice from mechanical engineers who work for jaguar.

Hope this helps...

Clio Trophy 079/500

My mate has an ST170 and he is for ever taking it into fords to have the ECU reprogged. You really do notice the difference once its done though.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Ducks Butt on 26 August 2005
My mate has an ST170 and he is for ever taking it into fords to have the ECU reprogged. You really do notice the difference once its done though.

Yeah that was the earlier ones, mine was built the latest ECU update.

Unless your talking about bluefin, which is a different story... ST170 is too slow! bring on ma 182. 4 weeks to go

Ive come head to head with a few ST170 owners when i had my 172 and wiped the floor with them everytime. You should be happy in the move :D