ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

She is in the country.

Quote: Originally posted by avstar1 on 26 August 2005

Just to add fuel to the fire....

I picked up my new ST170 back in Dec 2004 and drove it in low revs for first 500 miles. After that I started to rag it a little (only when oil temp was warm) and it felt sluggish.

I was told to Reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. So I drove the car and warmed it up properly before I reset the ECU. Reset ECU, then went out and ragged it, as Oil temp was upto warm. I then would rag the car once it was warm and The car felt different. Morn nippier and quicker. Basically I think the ECU adapts to your driving style.

This is what worked for me. Im not a mechanic, but I got this advice from mechanical engineers who work for jaguar.

Hope this helps...
so it can control the rate of engine wear? heh heh

no seriously all that it will do is alter the fuelling, ignition and air mass to suit the style of driving that you are doing at that time - also taking into account other factors such as engine temp, air temp and fuel grade to name a few.

The ecu wont remeber your style of driving. I suggest an explanation for your experience is the placebo effect - ie he told you it would be better therefore you found it was.

For the record im a chartered engineer.;)

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Imeche....

Im not an engineer mate... so probably some information lost in transit! lol

Most probably Placebo, but still too slow for me!

Mondeo STTDCI

WHen I got my 182 I was convinced Id TRY and run it in to some extent by running through the rev ranges etc. As soon as I got onto the road from the delaership my foot was on the floor.

Clio Trophy 079/500

tempting, but ill wait. Need to dig out the furry dice etc... I just hope it doesnt get covered in seagull sh*t.

Clio Trophy 079/500

She is now at the renault garage. Just got a text from the dealer that my baby has arrived at the showroom. So just got to sort out a time to pick it up next week.

Monday at 1:40. So i leave work at 1:30, that gives me 10 minutes to stroll round to the dealership.

[Edited by Ducks Butt on 02 September 2005 at 3:48pm]

Clio Trophy 079/500

ahh thats why. It wasnt a great picture anyway, just a view of the front. Taken on my mobile so not the best, ill get diggy camera out tomorrow, when im on the way to walton on the naze. Buy a stick of rock and the drive back again.

So whats the story Ducks ?

How is the car and did you blast the engine once it was warmed up, or go for the safe option ?