ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sheepskin wash mitt ☹️

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Washed and waxed the car today but the mitt fell apart after 2 minutes. Couldn't believe it!
I always wash the mitt in cold water with non- biological detergent, albeit in washing machine.
1. Has this happened to anyone else?
2. Should they be hand-washed rather than machine washed?
The sheepskin mitt was a branded one but can't remember the name of manufacturer. It appear to completely come apart at the side seam.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
What brand was it?

I’ve used Meguiars ones for years and they last well. Fall apart after many, many washes but a great product overall

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Actually just been reading a few reviews on various websites of sheepskin wash mitts falling apart/disintegrating. I’ll stick to the microfibre type from now on.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Used all sorts over the years and like you have found the lambs wool ones just don’t last. They rot from the inside out and just disintegrate.
Highly recommend the Gtechniq mitts. I keep mine clean and hang to dry after use and they last years. Keep one for your wheels and dirty areas and one for your vehicle body/paint.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I went through a couple of Meguirs within a month.

Bloody mice kept eating them.

Killed the mice and keep thd Mitt in the house now, lasted ages. Never wash it just rinse it out a couple of times after use. Never use in very dirty car always make sure heavy dirt blasted off or use an old sponge sponge lower sill and wheel arches.