ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sheffield At Night - Night image attempt 2

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Right, after this thread I took on the advice given and went out for a second go. Here are the results.

By no means perfect but an improvement at least. Still need to work on getting the focus bob on manually but im not far off?

C&C welcome as always (I would like some actually so I know what i have done wrong)
0d733310.gif

3e522a7b.gif

1719b420.gif

e8d43401.gif

eaa75080.gif

c7ea7986.gif

d989d8e1.gif

7de31c47.gif

bcc18c16.gif

c052a52d.gif

b890a97d.gif

Thanks,
/Luke!:approve:

dk

911 GTS Cab
please tell me those were taken using a tripod.

very good, i like them

what equipment was it?

you may know it, clio?
Ah im starting uni their in sept, everyone tells me its not a great area but from those pictures its looks pretty nice!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
please tell me those were taken using a tripod.

very good, i like them

what equipment was it?

Yeh mate, took the tripod out :cool: Felt a right c**t though. Everyone was looking at me like I was some sort of c**k.

Camera is a Nikon D60 with an 18-55mm nikkor lens. Seriously need some wide angle/fish eye/telophonic jobbies though to get some better effects.

Ah im starting uni their in sept, everyone tells me its not a great area but from those pictures its looks pretty nice!

Dont listen to them. The city its self is a pretty nice place TBH and the nightlife is up there with the best up North. What uni you going to fella?

Good effort! Pity photobucket messes up images so much!

Yeh its pretty annoying but im not paying for FlickR.

I am planning on hosting my own website when i get round to it. 0 compression then and will also work out cheaper as i can use it for alot of other stuff.

you may know it, clio?
Dont listen to them. The city its self is a pretty nice place TBH and the nightlife is up there with the best up North. What uni you going to fella?

Sheffield Uni to do Management. You at a uni or just live their?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Both mate. Im currently at Sheffield Hallam. I was accepted into Sheffield to do business & financial managment but after speaking to a few lecturers and getting a feel for the place it wasnt really for me...

So i settled for the lesser Sheffield Hallam ;) lol.

you may know it, clio?
So i settled for the lesser Sheffield Hallam ;) lol.

That old excuse ay ;)

Well we'll sort out some sort of meet, i said to norm that i would organise a piss up as i would be now part of the "northen crew" although i am a londoner at heart..

you may know it, clio?
Yeah of corse! It'll be around November or so, once im settled in.

I'll bring the mac as well ;)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
1st and second images work well with the wheel, however the longer exposures look really aggressive and too fast. Good effort though

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
1st and second images work well with the wheel, however the longer exposures look really aggressive and too fast. Good effort though

Yeh i know what you mean mate.

It looks like the wheel has been on the old vodka & redbull lol.

Couldn't quiet figure out how to get it too look like it was moving with out it looking like it was on boost though :(

Mondeo ST220
Great pics mate. Originally from Sheffield, its a great place.

Would be cool to see some pics of the Peace Gardens and that newish waterfall thingy at the train station, hell I might have a drive down sometime myself and see some old friends.

Yeh mate, took the tripod out :cool: Felt a right c**t though. Everyone was looking at me like I was some sort of c**k.

I f**king lolled at that hard!! :D I know the feeling dude! Really good pics though i like them a lot.. not too keen on the sharp angles though. Anyway do some more! :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hello again

Better results this time !

If you're too stingy to pay for Flickr, being a student and all that, use it to your advantage and try this instead. Do some homework before you try out new things ;)

Click the "more properties" button at the bottom right side. It will give you all the info you need regarding exposure time, F settings, and such like ! :eek:

If you really can't justify being a Flickr Pro, then just get a regular freebie account, and link iPhoto '09 to it. Make a set called Misc with iPhoto and it will stay on your sidebar where you can just drag/drop any photos you want to upload into it with no hassle !

Simples :star:

/Giraffe

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
WooHoo Thanks Giraffe :D

There is another thread going up in a second as i need help with something :eek: I will also look on FlickR though to see other peoples camera settings (as I didn't know you could do that :eek:)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
good effort mate.

the only thing i would recommend for pics like number 2 if you have shot the images in RAW or bracketted your exposure is to produce several layers in photoshop of different exposures. you can then delete areas to enable you to get the perfect exposures for both the buildings and the wheel etc, without giving the image the same appearance of an HDR processed image.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I get you... So take loads at different exposures (Do you adjust the exposures by changing shutter speed or playing with the exposure compensation setting?) then open them up in PS and layer them so i get the details of the building and the wheel?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yes mate, you can either set auto bracket on your camera or if you keep the aperture the same simply adjust the shutter speed. The buildings will require an exposure that is longer than the wheel which means normally the wheel would be overexposed. By adding a second layer where the wheel is correctly exposed and the buildings will be underexposed you can then simply delete the necessary areas to produce detail in both.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Thanks mate thats of great help... Although my camera doesn't have auto bracket (ffs - Nikon d60) so have to learn to do it manually! Thanks alot:)