ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shift light very happy

sport 172
Hi i brought my car couple weeks ago.bloke.said it dont have it.but when i put ignition on i was seeing the light come on.i thought maybe all clio sport have light.after giving it beans in 2nd gear i see the light come on.im very happy as i like all these little things.any one else had any nice little touches they didnt no they had.:approve:

i found out a few weeks ago i can change the sensitivity of the auto-wipers using the stalk, i didn't realize it actually rotated - i felt like a right pleb when i realized (after having the car 11 months)

Suzuki Ignis
Not on a car but I realised today that we have a main water supply and ice dispenser on the fridge at work.

Hi i brought my car couple weeks ago.bloke.said it dont have it.but when i put ignition on i was seeing the light come on.i thought maybe all clio sport have light.after giving it beans in 2nd gear i see the light come on.im very happy as i like all these little things.any one else had any nice little touches they didnt no they had.:approve:

Oh dear.End.Well.This.Won't.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can I have your reg? Just so I can avoid it if you ever sell it.

IT'S NOT A SHIFT LIGHT.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lets not go there, ey.

Its a light that comes on when you are about 300rpm before the redline. Make of it what you will.

Peak power is before etc.

04 clio sport 213bhp
surely these cars were not made to be tootled around town in? the power doesnt kick in til about 5,000 rpm

Megane 225 F1
Its a light to remind you its not automatic and you should have already changed gear.

I've seen it twice. Once to see what it looks like and the other time because I wanted to see a how many lights I could get on the dash.

172/1.2/E30
The official term for this little green light is gear change indicator. If you live in a country with proper speed limits (none) you can even see it in 5th gear.

clio 200
The official term for this little green light is gear change indicator. If you live in a country with proper speed limits (none) you can even see it in 5th gear.

4e206710-a49f-9032.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
haha this forum is so odd,
the members that never ever ever go over 30mph, or 4000rpm

other threads will be full of people saying their cars see the limiter at least twice a week.
give a car the beans wont do it any harm providing its looked after, my F7R is nearly on 100,000 and is well aquainted with its (chipped to 7k) limiter, and it still makes 150bhp+ on a rolling road!!

enjoy your shift light lol

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I see the shift light every time I drive my 182. (when it's warm obviously) I bought it for a toy, so it will get driven hard. Otherwise I might aswell just potter about in the van like I do most days.

Clio 200
Im sure this is a shift light.. when i test drove the 200 the guy told me to give it the beans until i hear the beep and see the light then change quick so if the salesman does this often good luck to everyone who got theres from sunderland.

didn't know till the other week that the blue thing in the rear of the glove box moves to one side, so when the air con is on its like a fridge inside.

i found out a few weeks ago i can change the sensitivity of the auto-wipers using the stalk, i didn't realize it actually rotated - i felt like a right pleb when i realized (after having the car 11 months)

Paaahaha is that what that's for? Almost 6 years of Clio ownership and I didn't know what it did til now LOL

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Pretty sure my car sees 7k everytime i drive it. Be fine.

Rusty Cup
If you hold the button that changes between computer functions whilst turning the ignition key the car makes a sound like a crashing airplane :D

04 clio sport 213bhp
im sure the limiter is there so you dont damage the engine, therefore anything before it is safe to rev to. why buy a car like this and then drive like miss daisy?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
im sure the limiter is there so you dont damage the engine, therefore anything before it is safe to rev to. why buy a car like this and then drive like miss daisy?

You mean drive it from the back seat while harping on at Morgan Freeman?

172/1.2/E30
Late ph1s with post-cat lambda don't have this light afaik. But there is only one way to find out.... (with engine on temperature of course)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i change when its on in the ph1, not because im to retarded and need a light to tell me when to change, but because thats when i feel its best to change, in my ph2 i rarely ever saw it as i always found it best to change before it came on.

also my ph1 has a raised limiter so my shift light comes on 500rpm higher than usual!