ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shocking 182 service

Megane R26

Took my 182 for its 12,000 mile service on sat & the car came out with more problems than when it went in! :mad:

First of all, when I got in my at the dealer the leather cover on the gearstick had come away from the plastic interior bit, so I made them look at it & the apologised, then booked it in to get sorted - no real big deal though, I wasnt too p*ssed off. but when I got home, I noticed a crack in one of my side skirts, so I went back & kicked off at them.

in the end they admitted they were at fault & will repair everything free of charge. bloody renault!!!

Vee dub

Blimey Youd expect them to take care of the flippin thing wouldnt you!

My dealer seem really careful and considerate

Sorry to hear that bud

Ziel Nurburgring

Renault seriously need to overhaul there sh*tty dealer network.

Cliosport service centres is the answer!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Tom which dealer do you use mate, im in bristol and use SJ Cook and Son- quite good but are always very busy! Their carpark is worse that tescos, had a few dings from them already unfortunately.

I agree blink, id gladly travel miles and pay more if i knew the service i recieved was going to be good (not hard to beat renault really lol) Feel sorry for the V6 owners, find it hard leaving my 14k 182 with them...cant imagine letting them look after a 25k v6 lol.

In reality im more than likely to make the 3hour trip to GDI for my services, and of course a few additional upgrades to make the trip worthwhile haha

Megane R26

I already to travel to another dealer to get it serviced as my local one is even worse. Usually I wouldnt have a bad thing to say about them, but theyve p*ssed me off this time. at first they were trying to blag the mecanic had already noted down the damage (yeah after he done it!).

Its all just extra hassle really, having to go out of my way to get something sorted that shouldnt have been done in the first place. Its this sort of sh*t that puts me off buying another renault.

172 cup TT

Ive found this too and its a pain in the arse.. it NEVER goes in and comes out better... always something else which is kinda wrong and wasnt there before hand.. at the moment its "in" again and im not thinking "woo, getting it back soon" but "sh!t, wonder what ELSE will not be quite right / broken etc"... :(

Cup 172

They are hopeless. Unless you go in and tell them exactly what needs doing, they can never seem to diagnose a problem properly. Even when they do, it s a day for them to find it, then they have to order parts and re-book it.

Ive given up on my local dealer and have to travel 25 miles each way to the next closest one...

172 cup TT

i handed my dealer a list of problems.. and was quite cocky too at parts :)

PROBLEMS NOT PRESENT BEFORE BEING IN FOR OIL LEAK PROBLEM

1)... bad vibration

2).... clutch

PROBLEMS DUE TO BE REPAIRED SINCE BEING IN FOR OIL LEAK

- OIL LEAK!! (Still!)

Jesus!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by dubstar182 on 25 April 2005

bloody renault!!!
youve slated Renault (who probably have nothing to do with it), but you dont tell us the name of the dealer, which would be really useful.

Megane R26

well in the grand scheme of things, it is renault.

Mill Lane in Aldershott is the dealer. Up until now I have been very happy with them, better than my local dealer in basingstoke.

I used to take my 172 to Renault at Theale, near Reading. Excellent service (and repairs!), more than happy to pick up the mess that Fish Brothers (Readings main dealer) usually got themselves into.

Oh, apart from when they ordered Laguna parts... Not quite sure how they got that wrong! :confused:

133/225/CLS AMG

Its a shame you cant take your car to a dealer with the peace of mind that they will care for it as much as you do.

I waited three months for Renault to fix the damage they did to my car but they ended up refunding my service so £200 back in my pocket. Id rather they didnt f**k cars up though.

Hope you dont have too many problems mate, can be stressful.

Megane R26

Quote: Originally posted by AlexJMills on 25 April 2005
Its a shame you cant take your car to a dealer with the peace of mind that they will care for it as much as you do.

that is exactly it! I look after my car & care for it, only for a garage to damage it, then not even admit to what has happened & deal with it. they wait for me to notice the damage, then trying to blag their way out of it.

a friend of mine works for citroen & tells me how the service people rag the f*ck out of cars.

wot gets me is how utterly useless these mechanics (ha ha ha!) at reno dealers are.

Reno must employ all the crap that no one else wants - most of the time they cant even diagnose the most obvious fault, let alone fix it.

If I were that bad at my job I would have been fired, and they would have found someone capable.

Still - u pay peanuts, you get monkeys !

133/225/CLS AMG

I feel sorry for the customer service staff as they are very pleasant and as helpful as possible at my local dealer. They must put up with some sh*t considering they mechanics are so careless.

It took two attemps for them to fix my squeaky seat and its still the same. Also damager 4 panels and steering wheel swapping the seat runner. They had to replace all the parts.

I reckon what with the £200 refund on my service, plus all the replacement parts and labour their mechanics must have cost them a fortune. I mean how much is a new 172 steering wheel £200-300?!?! BUNCH OF MUPPETS!!

Megane R26

Just called up the service manager & voiced my unhappiness with regards to my service & the only form of compensation they are willing to give me is a cheque to cover the cost of petrol to the dealer. of course they are fixing the damage free of charge, but should I deserve more a lil more or do you think thats fair?

Can i just remind everybody to retain the warranty you dont need to use a Renault dealer, you just need to use Renault parts. If youre that bothered, go to a motorsport outfit who will have more skill, interest and cheaper labour rates.

-Rob