ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shocks for a 60mm drop

C

Clio_Craig

alrite guys, looking to buy a set of 60mm lowering springs and was just wondering how much a set of shocks would roughly set me back, any reccomendations? and how easy are they to fit

cheers :D
craig

C

Clio_Craig

i can get the springs just wanted to no how much the shocks wud cost me

alrite guys, looking to buy a set of 60mm lowering springs and was just wondering how much a set of shocks would roughly set me back, any reccomendations? and how easy are they to fit

cheers :D
craig

i can get the springs just wanted to no how much the shocks wud cost me
Best buy springs and dampers as a set realy.

Stock your looking at about £200 and price is a good gauage of quality.

Personaly I woulnd't have any of the ones you've listed or any afternarket springs I'd spend a bit more or FK coilovers for £420 delivered.

Fitment of the shcoks you can do the front when you chnage the springs doens't take any more time realy since the whole thing is in pieces anyway to change the springs

For the rears there just the one bolt under the covers in the boot of the car needs to be undone to change them so litrally a few more minutes work.

C

Clio_Craig

cheers edde :) much appreciated, i wud love coilovers but not willing to spend 400£+ on em for my car, so therefore wanted to get it lowered 60mm on springs, just ppl say you will be fine to lower it on standard shocks and other ppl say u cant

cheers edde :) much appreciated, i wud love coilovers but not willing to spend 400£+ on em for my car, so therefore wanted to get it lowered 60mm on springs, just ppl say you will be fine to lower it on standard shocks and other ppl say u cant

Your fine to lower it just i don't recomend it for the life span of the shcoks and handling.

C

Clio_Craig

if i can get some decent priced shocks i will change em, just desperate to lower it 60mm

www.renparts.co.uk
mine were fine on standard shocks.. covered over 20k on them no problems. upgraded the shocks and found the ride quality terrible. Just run it on standard shocks, if they fail theyre mega cheap from GSF anyway. Or upgrade then.

Clio 172, 2001
Craig, The damping rate of a 'shock absorber' is factory matched to a cars' weight, although they will have made some 'average' assumptions (ie: 1 driver, 2 passengers, a piece of luggage and have a tank of juice). Have you significantly altered your cars mass? Are you going for reduced center of gravity, or just trying to look chavvy? If it's for road use you're probably going to have an uncomfortable ride.

C

Clio_Craig

i ave a set of 17s and 2 bucket seats thats it, i dont reali do long distance journeys just round town so i should be ok, i just cant see why its ok for ppl to lower cars 45mm on standard shocks and its not ok for 60mm wen its only a cm give or take, what happens when the shocks give in? and im foooked?

golf
60mms on shocks is fine if you dont mind a harsh ride end of.

standard shocks are about 30-35 quid from scrappys a pop

was gna do the exact same thing as u. . .i hav the 60mm springs here, taking them bk on sat, 2bh the price of doing it bit by bit will probly b more than a whole kit, id say just get a whole kit all in 1 go, cnt afford coilys im only 19 lol

i just cant see why its ok for ppl to lower cars 45mm on standard shocks and its not ok for 60mm wen its only a cm give or take, what happens when the shocks give in? and im foooked?
Its like riding on jelly.

Its not right IMo to lower on any springs without new dampers sorted to fit as such.