ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shopping List :(

Nissan Jewk
Following on from this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?525011-Free-Summer-Health-Check-Renault, I've just got my car back, with a hefty shopping list!

Just to add, I had my car serviced last week (at a local garage, not main dealer), so was a bit surprised by a few things on the list:

• Centre Brake Unit not working - £36.13
  • N/S Fog light cracked (I knew about) - £125.87
  • Cambelt Replacement - £502.36
  • Coolant Flush - £50
  • Brake Fluid service - £50

The garage that serviced my car didn't mention the brake light (though they may be something new? Coolant and brake fluid change... would have thought that would have been covered in the service? If so, are Renault trying it on? Or did my garage simply not do it? Hmmmm!

Also, I'd lost my locking wheel bolt. Renault said the code they need is in the service book, but that's not in my Renault handbook, and I've not taken anything out of there since I bought the car. if that's lost also, they said they have to shear every bolt off, at a cost of £95, which is 1 hours labour :eek:.

Coolant and brake fluid is probably them just guessing. Those should/could have just been done. I very much doubt they tested to see how old, just expect you to have it changed.
Light could be a bulb/fuse. Try those things first.
Cambelt is hardly a surprise! Lol.
Fog, eBay and fit it yourself.

Nissan Jewk
True enough I guess about the fluids! Sourced a fog just now for £30 posted, happy with that!

Will try the bulb first, I believe its LED though? Could be wrong.