ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short Shifter

are these worth putting on a 1.2 or too much stress on gearbox?

cheers

I don't rate them very highty they just make the shift quicker its no better plus I found I wan't any quicker realy as I didn't rush the gearbox as it didn't like it.

I don't rate them very highty they just make the shift quicker its no better plus I found I wan't any quicker realy as I didn't rush the gearbox as it didn't like it.

it doesn't make the shift any quicker, it just shortens the throw of the gearstick

Which should in teroey speed up the chnage as you cna throw it into the next gear quicker anywa.

I still don't ratre them there cold for starters.

Lionel Richie
it doesn't make the shift any quicker, it just shortens the throw of the gearstick

Which should in teroey speed up the chnage as you cna throw it into the next gear quicker anywa.

not really, if you think about it all you're doing in moving the pivot point

the lower half (below the pivot) of the b&m has to move further than the OE stick, the upper part requires more force to move it

its not a "quickshift" at all, does 0 for gear change speed, is a "sortshift" which means you have to move the gearstick less distance (with more force) to change gear

not really, if you think about it all you're doing in moving the pivot point

the lower half (below the pivot) of the b&m has to move further than the OE stick, the upper part requires more force to move it

its not a "quickshift" at all, does 0 for gear change speed, is a "sortshift" which means you have to move the gearstick less distance (with more force) to change gear
But if you move your hand at a speed say 1 meter a second maximum then by shortening the throw from say 40cm to 20cm the time to change is halfed assuming you have the same hand speed.

Lionel Richie
but you require more force to have the same hand speed as your turning moment around the pivot point is a shorter distance away (force x disatce)

example

gearstick is 1m long and force applied is 10N (10Nm)

gearstick is 0.5m long and force applied is 10N (5Nm)

get what i mean now??