ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I buy a 172 cup or Civic Type-R

S-Max
If you want a change from what you have go for the CTR. Not that much difference between 172cup and what you have, 172cup is a bit quicker but worth an upgrade ( ;) ) ?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
its not a real cup is it, hehe. Bit like a porsche boxster, yeah its a porsche, but not a real one, 172 cup all the way.

Renault Clio 182 CUp
im selling it. Not to keen on the colour anymore, looks like a bakedbean! hehe.
Im feeling black cars right now

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol they usually turn into massive arguments. Don't worry about it ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if youve already had a clio and want something defferent get a civic, if you love the clio but want a colour change get a 172 cup!

mk4 golf gt-tdi
i had a ctr last year and it was very nice but very thirsty when you gave it some, as soon as that v-tec kicks in the petrol needle moves as quick as the rev counter:eek: ,

BUT....

ace motor.
think the clio has the better looks, faster in the twistys, but it aint a honda.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
stupid question to ask on a clio forum

172 cup as you cant afford a ctr (love you)

plus ctrs are pooh and tom will kill you cant belive i nearly bought one must of been going through a bad time in my life

think door wedge or lush mondial blue cup

but like toms says drive both and see which you think

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i like the honda engine, i just dont like the cars there in at the mo.. integra and accord are nicer than the CtypeR.. not sure i could own one as all the pukka's would be stopping me in in maccy d's asking me if i have a spoon engine or mo tech exhaust..

civic = fast and furious = lame

im selling it. Not to keen on the colour anymore, looks like a bakedbean! hehe.
Im feeling black cars right now

How did I know this would boil down to the colour! - Girls :rolleyes:

Get a civic if your changing from a clio. No point getting a cup next when you have a clio now IMO

CTR's come in black at least ;)

Renault Clio 182 CUp
well thankyou for all your reply's! youve only just gone and made it harder!!!
Rich you just know what you can do! aint even gonna say it!
well i think im gonna go check out the type r after all lets see who is faster tom!

J

J182sport

CTR- i had both cup and a CTR but its all the same question, personal choice not whos better ect..the clio is better in ways and so is the ctr,

-BOTH great cars to drive
-Honda has the MUCH better interior (go for the Premeir model it has the nice RECAROS ect, (i have this one,)
-clios seats and spec are not as good but then you will pay less for it.i had the CUP!

-but the question should be Meg RS vs CTR really, as the clio is a pocket rocket! ctr is a little bigger but still a really great hothach IMO..

= love them both!! go have a drive i did and loved it

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
CTR a much better car in every way, clio can't even compare to it, it's a whole different class in terms of speed, power, handling, build quality and of course comfort and looks.

Everyone who is considering their pathetic little clio in the same range as the ctr , should wake up. ;)

Scirocco GT 210
CTR a much better car in every way, clio can't even compare to it, it's a whole different class in terms of speed, power, handling, build quality and of course comfort and looks.

Everyone who is considering their pathetic little clio in the same range as the ctr , should wake up. ;)

Well I agree about the build and all-round quality, but speed, power and handling is in a different league? Put down the crack pipe man! They're pretty damn equal in that respect.

Honda Civic Type R
ooh controversial. surely this will be the match to the flame. can't believe it's been almost 2 pages and no arguments yet. are people finally getting bored

p.s Loopz - believe the guys on the CTR forum

ctr= gay door wedge

only joking but i was going to buy a type r they are built well but clio is so much more fun and feels more go cart

well thankyou for all your reply's! youve only just gone and made it harder!!!
Rich you just know what you can do! aint even gonna say it!
well i think im gonna go check out the type r after all lets see who is faster tom!

tom will beat you sh*tter