ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go for a V6?

Der Panzer
The vee is unreal, the experience is unlike anything, i was driving though abd y'day and parked beside a noble, and more people were lookin at the Vee!!! What does that tell you!

Was it through the gay quarter, you fudge packing cant?

They're rare. Whoopty f**king doo.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and the noise is unreal etc. I just feel there are better and more special cars out there for the money.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The vee is unreal, the experience is unlike anything, i was driving though abd y'day and parked beside a noble, and more people were lookin at the Vee!!! What does that tell you!

Was it through the gay quarter, you fudge packing cant?

They're rare. Whoopty f**king doo.

Don't get me wrong, I like them and the noise is unreal etc. I just feel there are better and more special cars out there for the money.

maybe better cars but not as special

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Depends what you class as special I suppose.

You sir are very special!!! In so many ways!

name me a modern i.e post 99' Car for under 20k which is as special as the vee and will turn heads like the vee and have people coming up to you in the street askin about it...

I dare ya! ;)

i really ament keen on the m3c looks.. and turning circle doesnt bother me at all, it cant be much worse than the vx.. no power steering etc.. or is it?! lol

the v6 is a special car imo, but not THAT special (eh ali?) ;)

Clio F1 R27
Depends what you class as special I suppose.

This is suppost to be a Clio forum for Clio lovers!

There are so many special things about the V6. The phase 2 was born in 2003 and even now 4 years later they still look mean and not at all dated.

I hope Renault owners agree when I say the styling on Renault cars is very special. Even now a decent 2002 172 Sport doesn't look dated at all...

IMO Audi might produce better built cars with amazing engines, but the quattro chassis and the dull paintwork and styling dont do it for me (with the exception of the R8).

Have whatever opinion you like, this car is a classic and we all know what Clarkson said about his "top ten favourite cars"...

clio
ive not got a vee but ive thought about puchasing one,ive got a mate with one and it rocks ,but the power is a problem as there not that fast!! thats y i was looking at the turbo or supercharger con's

Ad

MK2 FRS
If you look at it form a drivers point of view then it is step backwards, however for practicallity and general creat comforts its a step forward.

For me Id stay with the VXT

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Just for a little perspective here, they're not slow. You can fairly easily show a 1*2 a clean pair of heals in the real world. Queue a load of people now getting boring and banging on about power to weight and paper performance fig..... *yawn*...........

.....sorry I lost the will to live mid way through that sentence and nodded off.

Dan

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Lol.

They're fast anough for me and on par with an evo 7 above 100....That'll do me!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Just for a little perspective here, they're not slow. You can fairly easily show a 1*2 a clean pair of heals in the real world. Queue a load of people now getting boring and banging on about power to weight and paper performance fig..... *yawn*...........

.....sorry I lost the will to live mid way through that sentence and nodded off.

Dan

nothing to do with stats, the VX is a more driver focused car... its not all about straightline speed, having driven both its easy to know that, however, with that comes comprimise.....

^Lol.

aye but the evo will get to 100 quicker! pointless arguement.. ;)

starting to think maybe it would be a step back for what im after.. i really just want an exige or tvr!

MY10 R35 GTR
^Lol.

starting to think maybe it would be a step back for what im after.. i really just want an exige or tvr!

go for it mate, id get an exige all the way. just canny afford one

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Dan

nothing to do with stats, the VX is a more driver focused car... its not all about straightline speed, having driven both its easy to know that, however, with that comes comprimise.....

Dunno bout more driver focus'd!!! Thats rather vague...It's a better track and race car, but not more driver focus'd! The Vee requires as much attention as the VXT on track...And are both equally rewarding!
Depends what your lookin for.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. The choice of Neds, and people with no taste and little imagination...

thanks boaby

ha! Truth hurts tho mate. Looks around abd every second car is an evo, scoob or type R.

^Lol.

Tina, i'll teach you how to drive 1st! ;) Then you may be worthy of an exige...

I agree with you on one thing, evo's are common... maybe i should get some track days/driver training done in the VX, then look at changin, as i have spent a fair wedge on it

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I agree with you on one thing, evo's are common... maybe i should get some track days/driver training done in the VX, then look at changin, as i have spent a fair wedge on it

You've said it yourself....numerous times, the Exige is the same car just slightly better lookin, rarer and more track focus'd! Which your yet to step on...Pointless upgrade imo.

TVR :)

MY10 R35 GTR
thats just abd boaby!!! agreed scooby all over the joint same as type r's evos are a bit more scare.

360 lancers for sale compaired to 950 scoobs on pg, there both a mass produced car so ur gona see more of them doesnt mean the ppl driving them are chav or have no imagination.

i know ur gona come back say theres only 20 v6's for sale. soooooo

You've said it yourself....numerous times, the Exige is the same car just slightly better lookin, rarer and more track focus'd! Which your yet to step on...Pointless upgrade imo.

aye true, plus you dont take the roof off on them, so no use for the road trip! ha ha

MY10 R35 GTR

aye true, plus you dont take the roof off on them, so no use for the road trip! ha ha

soft tops are for gheys ;)

I wouldnt want a soft top on somit i was gona track :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
No because you've had to ask. A Vee is one of those things where you either say "b****cks I'm getting one" and be happy or you'll be fed up of it before long if you half-think you want one...

No because you've had to ask. A Vee is one of those things where you either say "b****cks I'm getting one" and be happy or you'll be fed up of it before long if you half-think you want one...

yeah think i agree.. never had much urge to get one when i had my 182 either