ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go lower...

6/468 17poo

Right people my car is a maxim 1.4 and its been lowered 2 clicks on the rear and 35mm at the front,im happy with the ride height of the rear but the front looks too high.im buying koni shocks this week and need to decide whether to get either 40mm apex springs or 50mm springs.

ive already got -35mm pi springs but dont want it looking like its too high at the back compared to the front,but at the moment the front looks too high what do you think i should do?

Cheers Ryan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/beatjunkie98/100_0140.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/beatjunkie98/100_0142.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/beatjunkie98/100_0139.jpg

6/468 17poo

aaah yeah i also took the spare wheel off so its sitting slightly higher at the rear!!but need a vote:

1. 35mm (stay the same)

2. 40mm

3. 50mm

Cheers people

6/468 17poo

yeah but would i need to adjust the torsion bar?although it should be 15mm higher at the rear so it should be fine?shouldnt it!!

6/468 17poo

yeah ive decided to drop the front to -55mm but i really dont wanna have to touch the torsion bar!as thats gonna cost more!!

so will it look pants if i dont touch the torsion bar and leave it where it is??can someone photoshop with just the front lower?

Cheers Ryan

Twingo 133

I have got mine lowered 55mm Front and 40mm Back and it looks good, the rear could maybe do with being a little lower. But it handles real good so i will keep it like this.

I used to have the 35mm Pi springs and would say its worth going at least 50mm.

6/468 17poo

Cool arj256, have you got any side on photos with 50/40mm i would like to see had a look in your profile but its hard to see!

i really wanted a vavler but with being a student i havent got a great amount of funds plus my car is running good!so i think im gonna spend out some dollar to get it as good as possible!

Ryan

6/468 17poo

Yeah i no it needs the dean treatment,but coilovers are out of the question because of my cars akwardness!!

Well 60mm springs with koni shocks will be ordered:)either this week or next!!cant wait!!

Yeah if its possible arj256 that would be much appreciated!!

the torsion bar has been done so if i get the springs fitted and it looks ghey i will get the bar adjusted as well that means more money as i dont trust myself to do it although it does look easy!!

Ryan

[Edited by beatjunkie on 20 April 2005 at 10:50pm]

LY 200

You cant do the front and leave the back mate!!!

My old 1.2 was only slightly lower at the front than back and imo it was the only thing that let the car down!!!

Needs to be leveled or abit lower at the back i rekon!!!

6/468 17poo

So if i do the front with say, 55mm apex springs and leave the back its gonna look pants?although if i leave the back where it is (2 clicks) it should be 15mm higher than the front so should handle better?as thats what a mk1 is supposed to sit like?

Cheers for peoples commets!keep it coming;)

Twingo 133

Im trying to put up some pics and whatever hosting i use it dont work its very annoying. what is up with the forum?

6/468 17poo

Doesnt work mate pm me and u can email pictures to my email and ill host em if ya want as its for my benefit!cheers mate!