ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I Matte Black My Clio?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks horrible IMHO

It just screams "my paint was tatty and I couldnt afford to sort it so I ruined my car with aerosol cans from halfords"

Occasionally it works on the right car, but not often.

renault clio
i have a clio mk2 and someone has scratched it all and chips everywhere(my clio is 2 tone) i have been searching for ages to find the right colour but i cant anywhere and ive seen it done before and i think it looks pretty cool?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i have a clio mk2 and someone has scratched it all and chips everywhere(my clio is 2 tone) i have been searching for ages to find the right colour but i cant anywhere and ive seen it done before and i think it looks pretty cool?

If you want a cheap way to make your car one colour its an option, but it needs constant touching up etc and fundamentally just looks pretty pikey IMHO

I think you are about 15 years late for it looking cool really.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks horrible IMHO

It just screams "my paint was tatty and I couldnt afford to sort it so I ruined my car with aerosol cans from halfords"

Occasionally it works on the right car, but not often.

I don't normaly agree with chip, but this spot on.

It can look good on a £100k motor, but on anything else it looks pikey.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
It would look great in Matt red or liquid yellow. Renaultsport did some in those colours last year as an experiment and they look amazing ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336424394.982656.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336424453.882389.jpg
Also Gordini Blue as in the photos

Mk2 Ph2 172
It will look like your car in a different colour and also depending on who does it... It could also look like the old aero advert lol

Non Sport Megane
My boss has a ph2 172 and he wrapped his matt black, it just looks plain and boring! so know weve stripped that off and re-wrapped it matt orange! looks absolutely sick! if you ask me!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I was passed by a matt black wrapped Passat tonight on the way back from Brands.

There are not enough words available for me to use to describe how sh*t it looked.

If you did your Clio, I'm sure a few teens might think wow for 10 seconds, but most will look at it and think WTF/plum.

Mk2 Ph2 172
where can i find Bigash's car mate? and anyone know how much to do matt yellow would be?

To have it wrapped by a pro it will prob cost £1000 I would of thought

It's not cheap !!!

I got quotes to wrap some vehicles at work and they were coming in over a grand for a ford c max

Mini Cooper S sport
No. It will look s**t.

Either get it professionally resprayed a decent colour or wrap it. But be prepared to spend a lot of money either way.