ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i seek help?? (stripped content)

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
so today i thought to hell with it,

for want of anything else to strip out of the clio, i gave the dash the chop! (and i dont mean its foreskin!)

206902_10150557635095613_839830612_18162536_4658286_n.jpg

im sure its not to everyones tastes, but personally, i love the way it looks! considering its the closest thing i have to a daily (i do maybe 20miles a week not including "fun drives")

sorry for the poor picture,
believe it or not, it was 100x messier than this when the dash was freshly pulled out!!

Jap Box
That seems really pointless to me, looks a mess and you have saved a tiny amount of plastic in weight.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
saved actually quite a bit of weight actually, about 10-15kgs once you add all the sound deadening and vents and such.
and no that is not just exposing whats underneith, had to remount the fuse box as it was part of the lower dash.

took the dash out for a clean up, and decieded to only put back in what i needed!!
i forget that im one of a small bunch that love the stripped out look :p

ill step back and let the haterz hate!

Jap Box
saved actually quite a bit of weight actually, about 10-15kgs once you add all the sound deadening and vents and such.
and no that is not just exposing whats underneith, had to remount the fuse box as it was part of the lower dash.

took the dash out for a clean up, and decieded to only put back in what i needed!!
i forget that im one of a small bunch that love the stripped out look :p

ill step back and let the haterz hate!

To be honest now that you chopped some of the dash away you mayaswel just take the whole rest of it out, wouldnt look as bad then as it would be more symetrical.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if i took the rest out then id loose stereo, heater, and clocks. That wouldnt be too sensible now would it!

and as for the clock, its not a surrount, its a volt meter as i want to keep an eye on my alternator

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
mount it to what benieth the dash? the dash is the only solid thing to mount it to without nut and bolting something through the bulk head,

which im tempted to do at a later stage as i want to put some switchers there.

and how hot are you expecting the summer to be?? melting the loom??

Bolt it to the dash but from underneath? Find some redundunt holes on the bulkhead to cabletie it to? Remember it may not be that hot but the window will aid as a magnifying glass in a way.

The wires went all sticky when I had no dash in my Mk1 16v, so yeah I think I would know...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Stripped content is going a bit far.

Either strip entirely or don't strip at all. Half way between looks crap.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I wouldnt like to be a passenger if you had an accident lol

dont worry dude, there are these things called seatbelts, they kinda stop you heading face first into the dash!!

In all honestly, would that pass an MOT? Partly for the reason above?

Yes
There are no sharp edges,
All warning lights are functional,
theres nothing on the MOT list that requires you to keep a certain level of trim!

when everyone is saying take the lot out,
what are you refering too??

i want the dials,
i want the heaters,
i want the stereo,

its for functionality over look tbh, i didnt really expect cliosport to understand :D

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
When you get older.... you will look back at this and think to yourself 'WTF was I thinking!'

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
possibly,

but i doubt it based on the amount of enjoyment i get out of the car that i built!

Try and mount the fuse box different as said already

I would lose the rest of the lower dash and find a way to mount the stereo and heater controls, it will look better than that.