ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i swap

2005 Impreza WRX STI

my clio for a 1999 t reg subaru uk spec? its worth 1.5 k more on autotrader value thing? i dont personally like it, looks mint condition etc but green colour:confused:...cant insure it either? just a thought as i could potentially make money on it?

cheers

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Hmm thats a tough one.....how about no?!

Not worth the hassle! trust me selling cars is Ghey!

the problem with Scoobys you will find is that although it seems a bargain they aint worth spit when they are the dog slow UK versions. the market is flooded with Scoobys as is, so only the decent models will be getting looked at. for 6500 you can get a mint average to low mile UK spec, or you can get a top of the line import thats got a sh*t load more power and extras... it may sound a bargain, but seriously, try finding a buyer... you may get lucky tho?

if you end up having to keep it youll find that your 172 is prolly at least as fast.

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 17 June 2005
apparently scoobys cost loads to keep on the road

no, they do!

Titanium 182

you would be mad to do it mate

if u could make alot then id do it

but it will cost u a bomb to insure

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 17 June 2005

apparently scoobys cost loads to keep on the road
this is true, but i loved my scoob and thought it was a better car than my clio.

I wouldnt swap in on the basis of making money. The margin is too small, by the time you advertise it and it will end up costing you money, i mean, you will drive it, fall in love with it and end up keeping it !

2005 Impreza WRX STI

its 285bhp. i deffo wouldnt want to keep it as i dont like the colour, just thinking of making some money on it, but as ppl say, i dont think its worth the hassle, plus the fact something could be wrong with it, where a si no mine is mint! think it was just another one of my crazy ideas! lol

uk spec green subaru - NO NO NO!!

And scoobys are not that expensive to run BTW! well, that depends on how they have been treated in previous ownerships!

Mine was an import and was not costly at all to keep on the road.. until....

you really give it some!

IMO the ONLY scoobs worth having are: Type R, 22B, and P1, but im a fussy bugger because i only really like the 2 door ones!

I would imagine that whoever wants to swap their green Impreza for your 172 is looking to reduce their running cost - and considerably at that!

Theyd win with a swap like that.

i think you have anwered your own question Clarkie.
1, its green, which you said you dont like
2, the insurance will be loads
3, you dont like it.

er, no then
;)

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

If you dont like it and its green whats the chance of you selling it on. If you dont your stuck with it.