ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should my xenon headlights be adjusting continuously?

Clio 172 ph2
When I switch the ignition on (engine off) on my 172 I can hear what sounds like the drivers side xenon headlight constantly adjusting (the passenger side one seems quiet though).

Is this normal, or is it a problem with the sensor (which I believe is on the rear axle)? But if that's the case, why is only one of the lights making the noise?

Clio 172 ph2
Should they be doing it continuously though (it doesn't seem to stop no matter how long I leave it)?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
They will always be adjusting if the suspension is moving around, if the car is standing still the should eventually stop

iceberg phase 2 172
Mine have both popped out of the casings when I changed bulbs :( Gotta take them apart I think.
instead of taking them apart , adjust the manual adjustor all the way and it should pop itself back in mate , assuming it isnt broke

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
instead of taking them apart , adjust the manual adjustor all the way and it should pop itself back in mate , assuming it isnt broke

Or he could take them out, cut them up and fix them like a smart guy did with the ones you had/i have :rasp:

Clio 182

I think they're beyond that tbh, thanks though. They currently flail about and are very loose. kind of jammed them in place but im lighting up the night sky usually...