ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Me Your Cooksport Springs On 15's!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Anymore anyone? I know a lot of you run cooksport springs but I can only find one picture of Greeny's car in the cooksport spring thread on 15's.

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Adam. Forgot to mention I that I see Sam's pics but wasnt in the cooksport springs thread. It seems to sit higher than Greeny's but not sure if that's because of the Sachs.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I wasn't sure if the sachs would make a difference on the height either lol. No worries though mate :).

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I've already bought the springs but just wanted to see other cars. I'll add my pics in here and in the cooksport spring thread once I've fitted them.

​What I really wanted to see was a bg on cooksports with f1's. You know what I mean ;)

You'll be pleased with them mate, they performed well today :D

And you're right, mine does look higher than Greenies... Stiffer shocks perhaps?

Clio 172 Ph1
Here is my Ph1 on cup shocks and cooksports. Had only covered 70 odd miles after fitting and has settled slightly more now

ClioDesktop_zpsd21332d1.jpg

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Off topic but I'm thinking of going for all new suspension, and Cooksport springs on my Ph1... What's the deal with Cup shocks on a Ph1... are they a direct replacement for the standard ones? What's the difference I assume they are better than the standard Ph1 shocks?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Cup shocks are a direct replacement, i have fitted them to my ph1 aswell and they transform the car including the cooksport.
Here is how my ph1 looks now

null_zps57c48e93.jpg

null_zpseba51d80.jpg

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Looks good! I'm sick of my s**tty vmaxx coilovers that are on it at the monent. Both front and rear shocks changed?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Yeah both front a rear, i got mine from West Renaults, however you only get the suspension strut and need to re use all your existing top mounts, Nuts & Bolts.
I have some Eibach springs for sale if you are interested in some springs however these just improve the handling and do not lower the car.

Cup In bits
Anyone got pics of a 172 cup on speedline 2118's and cook sports or eibach's. So tempted to fit my standard callipers, 2118's and semi slicks for a trackday on Sunday.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My cooksports should be arriving tomorrow and if all goes well i'll get them fitted on sat so i'll take some pics with the springs and standard suspension on with 2118's. Im not a cup mind.

I have got pics of the standard suspension with 2118's on sportlines if you want?

mckay

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 Iceburg 172
Cooksport springs with cup dampers and 20mm spacers front and 10mm spacers rear

IMG_1304[1].jpg

just for info from the other thread about oz f1's and cooksport - The below were actually 17inch Oz F1's and it was on H&R coilovers and slammed so was significantly lower than a car running 15inch f1's with cooksports would be

incidentally 11 years later I now have a 182 that is running cooksports though on standard 182 wheels in gloss black

Attachments

• DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 151