ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your induction kits...!

A Flamin' Red one
Well, being an 'open' induction kit as opposed to an 'enclosed' one means that there will always be debate as to the benefits. But then as has already been said many a time, gains are slim to none with either. I think the cold air feed does enough to mean not worrying about heat soak.

Porsche Boxster987S
Well, being an 'open' induction kit as opposed to an 'enclosed' one means that there will always be debate as to the benefits. But then as has already been said many a time, gains are slim to none with either. I think the cold air feed does enough to mean not worrying about heat soak.

has your car lost power since fitting the simota??? Has it affected performance in any way at all?? be honest now:rasp:;)

Insignia SRi
Powertec induction cone with cold air feed (cant see this), sounds great and feels a bit better than standard air box.

I had a simota carbon air filter before, no real gains and too tight of a fit as it started scrapping the side of the battery and the sharp outer ring split my coolant hose twice!!!!!

Not worth the £250 I paid for it, thats for sure!!

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Powertec induction cone with cold air feed (cant see this), sounds great and feels a bit better than standard air box.

I had a simota carbon air filter before, no real gains and too tight of a fit as it started scrapping the side of the battery and the sharp outer ring split my coolant hose twice!!!!!

Not worth the £250 I paid for it, thats for sure!!

did you get a bracket for your powertec? I've just got a powertec for nothing off a mate, loving the noise it makes and the throttle is a bit more responsive the only thing is i got a cable tie securing it at the minute.

Expert HDI & R53
Hillpower IK

101_5623.gif

Insignia SRi
Yeah I got a smallish L shaped bracket that screws into the random hole next to the battery and the hose clip goes through the other end which the cone slides into, tighten it all up and off you go.

Il try and take a pick of the official one you get because I dont think its too difficult to make one.

I love the Hillpower IK, how much you pay??