ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your number plates!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Looking at replacing my front number plate, just wondering what font etc to go for and size. Im looking at one that is slightly smaller than standard. Cheers

SchwepTek™
My full size plate cut down to fit bumper.

IMG_2304.jpg

182kev

no recent pics but here's mine with motorcycle letters,not 100% legal but if its good enough for a bike its good enough for a car imo lol

002-1.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh right. I'm gona do it to mine. Looks good, though i dont know if it'l be more obvious i'v done it because of the fewer letters on my numberplate.

M135i
3D carbon fibre, Would really like it to be 3/4 width but ive got writing underneath and so cnt chop it down.

100_1003.jpg

W

Willy

JME/ Paul. Where can i pick up one of those 3/4 height but standard length plates? :)

Thanks

330Ci (Fail)Sport
A discussion in another thread said the smaller height makes the plate illegal as the plate is suppose to have a certain width border all around the letters.

I doubt the fuzz would notice this much though driving past.

It's illegal but the police only seem to notice 3/4 plates tbh, and when they DID notice my plate they just said 'it might be best to get that changed mate' aha.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
totally plain with only the reg on is the way to go, not cut down, shortened or chopped, they all look hideous to me....

untidy like they weren't meant to fit

Black Gold Trophy
I thought about doing what schweppy did that looks awesome. I've got a 520x84 plate from fancyplates that fits the recess perfectly but the text is ever so slightly smaller. I personally think the 3/4 plates are begging to be pulled over and look totally wrong with gaps either side of the plate.

"Navy" N17 TWO
If the plate is cut to the size of the recess in the bumper then it's impossible to have all of the correct margins & legal font size.

Pity really!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
You want standard width with a 90mm height. I got 83mm and it doesn't fill the recess properly.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Got pulled for this last night so might change it to stop a £30 fine if the same coppers pull me again:

5.gif

E87 118d M Sport
S1050325.jpg

what size is this? perfect imo! this is the size that i want. also need a new rear as mine is mounted too high.

E87 118d M Sport
its something like 520mm x 84mm. Ive had about 12 pms about the plate lol

is that a size that somewhere like fancy plates can supply..

also, is the perfect size for the back standard? or is there some different size that fits better?

Porsche Boxster987S
is that a size that somewhere like fancy plates can supply..

also, is the perfect size for the back standard? or is there some different size that fits better?

mines were from fancy plates. i just got a standard plain rear plate

S1050387.jpg