ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show off your beading

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
SAM_0336.jpg

SAM_0335.jpg

SAM_0334.jpg

Oh Hi!

E87 118d M Sport
What are you pitching HD at though? As it's 241 in Halfrauds . . . And if you're comparing it at full price, do Carbon and Onyx not get a say? ;)

Lol. *make sure your more specific when it comes to the write up due to pedantic c-units*.

Tested it against 2 other waxes you could pick up for £30 online.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Will get the CD in the post tomorrow Mark... the beading held up well with a 'swift' drive home!

And that rain repellant! Amazing.

E87 118d M Sport
Will get the CD in the post tomorrow Mark... the beading held up well with a 'swift' drive home!

And that rain repellant! Amazing.

Was great meeting you yesterday mate. Hope it didn't take too long to get home. When we've got a thread up I'll put some comment in there saves stealing this one lol.
I'm kinda glad it rained though so you could see the rain repellent.

Hope the beading shots came out nicely =D

E87 118d M Sport
Expand Ads mate? Which one, as currently looking into sorting one for my new windows.

Its called Comma Pro-Vision Rain Repellent.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/229809/comma_provision_rain_clear_gel.html (1st google search result)

I've been using it for years. Its a gel based product that you apply, leave for around 10-15 mins and buff off. Little more effort required to remove than a normal wax, but its a different type of product.
Last 6 months ish easily (with a wax safe shampoo).

Above 60mph you have 0 need for wipers.

Lol, Jamie, very nice lad.

Its called Comma Pro-Vision Rain Repellent.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/229809/comma_provision_rain_clear_gel.html (1st google search result)

I've been using it for years. Its a gel based product that you apply, leave for around 10-15 mins and buff off. Little more effort required to remove than a normal wax, but its a different type of product.
Last 6 months ish easily (with a wax safe shampoo).

Above 60mph you have 0 need for wipers.

See I've seen that before but always been put off by my experiences with RainEx and other lesser names. But reapplying wax every month is tiresome for the beading it gives, although as said, over 5/60 is awesome watching the droplets move.

Will have a read up - cheers buddy.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I was driving home in the rain and motorway yesterday at around 75-80 and didn't need my wipers!

Can't comment on durability but very cool!

Good to meet you too Mark, yesterday is really appreciated. I'll leave you to put a thread up if you want when you have the pictures... will try and get some dry shots on the weekend when I can give it a clean.

E87 118d M Sport
Sweet. Thanks mate! and again, fairplay for your patience. Glad your happy with the results, and I'll be in contact in a few months (if not before) to see how the wax is going.

Ah by the way this convo is going have you managed to sort the Bora Ads? Can't think of many "newer" detailers that I would rather have touch my VAG (paint you dirty buggers).

BMW E46 330i Touring
I have indeed mate, yesterday. I'm respecting Mark's discretion a bit with regards to 'advertising' but I'm very impressed with what was achieved in such a comparatively short time. I'll let him do any write-up he wants to do if he does...

Will chuck a beading pic up when I get home. Nice and tight. ;)

Looks good Benny, what process/wax/LSP?

Ummm see if I can remember!

Pressure wash
AG Intensive Tar Remover
AG Shampoo, Wash Mitt, 2BM
Dry Mf towels
Meguiars Clay Kit
Turtlewax Nanotech Extreme (I think was my friends, normally use SRP)
EGP - slapped it on a bit thick!
AG HD Wax 2 coats

Took us all day to do that! and I ended up doing the second coat the following morning :lolup: We also had the front wheels off for some Wonder Wheels as they needed it. They then got polished with TW Nano Tech and sealed with poorboys. Put another coat off PB on at the weekend when I painted the calipers, back could do with another lot (haven't done the rear calipers yet).

Original thread here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...roper-going-over-the-182-Pic-Heavy&highlight=

Which reminds me I was going to ask how often you'd recommend re-applying wax? I do quite low milage but do go down country lanes occasionally and it's parked outside overnight but underground when at work.

Only my second car and the first time I've ever waxed and I love how easily dirt falls off!

OT: Not really been that impressed with AG Shampoo as it doesn't seem too foamy and tends to look like I've just slapped loads of water on, no matter how much/little I put in the bucket!

Looks good buddy, but if I may?

Use the tar remover after you've washed the car. Other wise you will be rubbing dirt over the paint work as you remove the tar remover with the towel. Point two, don't use AG shampoo. Not a good one! If you're a Halfords shopper, try Meguirars Gold Class Shampoo. There are much better shampoos out there online as well :).

Re the wax question, as and when the beading fails really buddy. I like to rewax every month, but I have a heated garage to use! Others tend to do it every 2-3 months.

C3 Picasso Beast
That's something I've been doing wrong then using the tar remover before washing...I thought it was best because of the chemicals in the tar remover but I've just learned something new!

Do you not need to was the tar remover off the car then once it's been applied??

Looks good buddy, but if I may?

Use the tar remover after you've washed the car. Other wise you will be rubbing dirt over the paint work as you remove the tar remover with the towel. Point two, don't use AG shampoo. Not a good one! If you're a Halfords shopper, try Meguirars Gold Class Shampoo. There are much better shampoos out there online as well :).

Re the wax question, as and when the beading fails really buddy. I like to rewax every month, but I have a heated garage to use! Others tend to do it every 2-3 months.

Certainly mate, thanks for the tips!

Funnily enough I think I had actually started washing then rinsed off because I forgot to de-tar!

Yeah I usually get most bits from Halfords if I can, failing that i4D. Yeah I spotted Megs Gold Class and remember you recommending it. Only reason I grabbed AG was because 'if you have an itch, scratch it' and I can now confirm it is a bit poop! Still does the job but probaly not as well as others, it's by no means leaving any dirt on the car though!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Taken today… car was washed a week ago, but has not had any LSP for 5 months (I use FK 1000p)

Only thing (other than a 2bm wash with dodo BTBM) that's been near my car is a wipe down during drying with some FK425.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 53

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice bump mate!

Had not seen this before!

Celeste Dettaglio...

dfebe0a8.jpg

64d09a85.jpg

64d09a85.jpg

Not a 320d
How long it stay like that?

Eh

eh??!

I can make my carbon last 2 washed with decent beading. With 1 cap of BTBG.

Glasur Pwns tho.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Well it's still the same 4 weeks later after a btbm wash.