ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SHOW OFF YOUR BEST WORK!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
What car:
When did you do it:
What did you use:
How long did it take you:

Before and afters as well please :)

Don't just post a picture of your car that you "jet washed" either. I mean serious detailing :D

106 GTi
M3 CSL 9 odd hours each (x2 of us)

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/m3csl/

IMG_9867.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

Process used here - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142311

My 182 - Over a few days on and off:

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5654.jpg

Full Process here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=209380

car; mine

process; 2 bucket, megs clay, 2 bucket, megs QD, AG aquablade, sonus der wunder towel, scratch x, megs 83 by PC on cut pad, megs 80 by PC on medium pad, srp by PC on final pad, egp x6, p21s, fast glass, tyre foamer, megs hot wheels, srp and egp on wheels after engine and machine cleaner and claying, ag vinyl and rubber care, ag bumper care. erm . . .

time; 3 days on and off, mainly night.

over xmas 06-07

A slow one :-(
Some nice work going on in here...

Here is mine. Althought it is not a Clio I think this has been my best detail to date!
It was covered in swirls as it is washed with a brush thing :mad: It hadn't been cleaned in about a month but tbh its only covered 12k miles in 2 years so its not too bad I guess :confused:
So order of the day was:
Pre rinse with my hosecoil and Duragloss Shampoo,
Washed with 2 bucket method, again Duragloss Shampoo,
PC'd with a yellow Sonus SFX pad and PBs SSR2... this was the first combo I used. It removed the vast majority of the swirls, leaving only behind the deeper scratches. I was happy with this as I just wanted to get rid of the swirls and bring back some depth to the paint work.
Finished with Klasse AIO and Serious Performance Sealant.
Before Photos:
DSCF0125Small.jpg

DSCF0126Small.jpg

DSCF0127Small.jpg

DSCF0128Small.jpg

DSCF0129Small.jpg

DSCF0130Small.jpg

DSCF0131Small.jpg

My attempt at a 50/50 shot:
DSCF0133Small.jpg

Didn't really come out too well...
Afters shots... the weather was **** up in Newcastle when I did it so afters a bit poor. . Still happy with the end results:
DSCF0134Small.jpg

DSCF0135Small.jpg

DSCF0136Small.jpg

DSCF0137Small.jpg

DSCF0138Small.jpg

DSCF0139Small.jpg

DSCF0140Small.jpg

DSCF0141Small.jpg

DSCF0142Small.jpg

DSCF0143Small.jpg

phase 1 172
how possible is it 2 get results like that without the orbital polisher as i`m tryin 2 get the swirls out of mine so do i use a clay, then scratch x then a polish

106 GTi
how possible is it 2 get results like that without the orbital polisher as i`m tryin 2 get the swirls out of mine so do i use a clay, then scratch x then a polish

You will need lots of time and elbow grease to remove swirls by hand and then you may not be 100% effective.

U/R 200
Some lovely clean cars on this thread, top work guys.
These pics from a while ago, decided to give Meguiars 3 step ago as i had them and had the time.
Started early, finished as the sun was starting to go down
HPIM0413.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0404.jpg

HPIM0405.jpg

Got to be one of the best 50:50's in a long time Tim. Put that paint on a clio mind and it becomes rock hard ;)