ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

**show us Your Engine Bay**

Heres non sport for a wee laugh :eek:
Nothing compared to you sports!
Custom made battery cover and sparyed parts.
P1000585_zps4d357065.jpg

P1000584_zps30201dc8.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Put it up Jared.

To be honest it didn't exactly cost a fortune to get mine looking like that.

Fifty knicker for the engine cover to be sprayed, about a score for the battery cover and a few quid for some rattle cans.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Put it up Jared.

To be honest it didn't exactly cost a fortune to get mine looking like that.

Fifty knicker for the engine cover to be sprayed, about a score for the battery cover and a few quid for some rattle cans.

I really need to sort my engine bay out. Going to do it when the engine is out for the rebuild. Love yours RDR.

What do people do to spray the inlets but leave the Renaultsport logo standard or even spray it a different colour?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
What do people do to spray the inlets but leave the Renaultsport logo standard or even spray it a different colour?

For silver lettering just spray it all then sand the letters back to silver with sanding block (that's what I did).

To do the letters a different colour is a bit more complicated. Apparently you spray the letters first and give it a good coat of lacquer. Then spray the whole cover and before coating it in all in lacquer you use some paint stripper lightly rubbed on the letters to reveal the coloured paint. Then lacquer the whole thing.

I think that's how it was explained to me lol

Cheers Ron, do they need polishing at all after being sanded back?

All these photos have made me want to tart mine up a bit, but I know that if I start I'll not stop until it's perfect :dapprove:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Cheers Ron, do they need polishing at all after being sanded back?

All these photos have made me want to tart mine up a bit, but I know that if I start I'll not stop until it's perfect :dapprove:

No polishing needed. I just used finer sandpaper at the end to give it a nice finish.

I know what you mean about getting it perfect lol I was only going to get the engine cover fine initially but it just sort of snow balked from there.

I must admit though, I quite enjoy spending a bit of time at the weekend doing bits and pieces.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Tel you lot something, polishing the metal parts to look like chrome is a pitta. Spent most of today doing a few boost pipes and an engine mount....

** pics to follow later on *

BG FF 182
Tel you lot something, polishing the metal parts to look like chrome is a pitta. Spent most of today doing a few boost pipes and an engine mount....

** pics to follow later on *

My inlet took me 8 & a half hours lol never again! Worth it though!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Lol you'd never do it by hand, like I said it took me 8 hours with machines.
Still could do more too!

Ahhhhhhhhh s**t just the grinder with sand paper and a good polish with it ?

do most of it by drill or grinder, then hand sand it to make it a good finish. after all that work through the polishing wheels and compounds to make it shiney :)

i started off with 120-240-320-400-600-800- and finishede on 1000 wet and dry. could of got it to look better but IMO the 1000grit sanding marks are nice when polished

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i got a kit from halfords , something like £16 without the trade card. did the job.

hard metal polishing kit. the do a soft but it comes with less stuff.

hard polishing wheel with black hard cutting compound
medium polishing wheel ( wool rag type thing ) WITH RED/PINK polishing compund
and light finishing wheel ( wool rag type thing ) with blue finishing compound.

there are better kits out there but I CBA to wait lol